Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 03:01 AM   #11 
ao
TFK Moderator

could be a ... marble. but cant say unless we can see a pic. has his behaviour change any? other than the attack?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #12 
Joaquin

Location: DEEP IN DA HEARRRT OF TEXASSSS.....I hate that song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
could be a ... marble. but cant say unless we can see a pic. has his behaviour change any? other than the attack?
No, he's not a marble. Here are some pictures (If the links don't work, you can see the pictures are on my profile. They are in an album called "Disease."):

http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=28334

http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=28336

There pictures are a few days old, though. He looks a little worse now, in my opinion.
Joaquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #13 
Joaquin

Quick Update:

So, I have been trying to use bettafix for my fish. His fins had red streaks (still do), and the bacteria on his body was looking bad (hard to tell if it's currently looking better or not).

I was afraid of overdosing, so I started with two drops per gallon.
Nothing was happening, so I bumped it to three (nothing happened).
And so, yesterday I did 4, and he seemed happier but it's hard to tell if he is physically better (I think maybe some red cleared out? Either that or I'm just seeing things...).

Today I put 6 drops...but now I'm like, "Maybe I should just stick with 4?"

I guess what I'm trying to say is:

Does anyone have experience with dosing bettafix in a 1 gallon tank? How many drops do you use?

Last edited by Joaquin; 09-10-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #14 
LadyVictorian

I hear that Bettafix is bad for Betta...so no I have no experience with it because I won't use it. Have you tried Aquarium salt?

Edit: Another thing, guys could he just be losing his color because he is stressed? It seems from the OP description in behavior that he is a bit stressed out, he might be eating his own tail thus accounting for the shredded tail and he is afraid of the OP. This might just be a stress thing and if it is all this treatment with medications he does not need might only make him worse.

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 09-10-2012 at 12:14 PM.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #15 
Kitty Whiskers

I used BettaFix once for my Betta a few years ago and she died 3 days later. Then this year I used it on another Betta forgetting what happened the last time I used it and she died within 24 hours....Don't use BettaFix! I got rid of it for good, I'll never use it again!
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #16 
Joaquin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I hear that Bettafix is bad for Betta...so no I have no experience with it because I won't use it. Have you tried Aquarium salt?

Edit: Another thing, guys could he just be losing his color because he is stressed? It seems from the OP description in behavior that he is a bit stressed out, he might be eating his own tail thus accounting for the shredded tail and he is afraid of the OP. This might just be a stress thing and if it is all this treatment with medications he does not need might only make him worse.
Yeah, he was/is probably stressed and got sick. I think it is more than just discoloration, though. It looks like a bacterial infection and his bottom fins have red spots/streaks now in some spots.

As for the Bettafix, I know it is very risky, but I read that it kills the fish if you overdose it. I think that maybe I haven't been putting enough or maybe have been putting just enough? I mean, today is his last day of treatment, but I see no visible results. :\ So, that's why I was curious about what the right amount might be to see good results.

Tags
betta fish, betta fish sick, disease, fin rot