Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

They are like potato chips...I NEED MORE

Guys you need to stop me, call an intervention. I want more betta's. I was thinking of using my old 20 mouse tank and make a sorority tank and then I have a 10 gal tank for my sick tank back when I had mice and I had to QT them before putting them in the 20 gal with the girl clan of mousekins. I also have like five 5gal critter keepers for vet trip tanks. Had one for each mouse I owned because I took them all in separate cages for checkups so the vet could tell them apart (two of the girls were both albino, it helped a LOT) But NOW...now I see all these containers that were once my mighty mouse legacy as fish tanks. I haven't had betta's in 10 years and just got my first one a few days back but now I'm hooked. There was a time I had about 20 betta but my parents made me sell them all and now that I have my own place I'm bursting at the gill whiskers to get more thanks to all these empty mouse tanks. I have no intentions to get mice anytime soon again. After my favorite female died I just couldn't do it and I watch my girls get cancer and spend so much to have them removed only to see they never recover. I'm thinking since I don't have mice and i don't intend to open my mousery until I'm like 50 U can use these tanks for more betta's but GAH...just got one, stop me before I run off and buy 100 more >.<
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #2 
registereduser

Well you won't find anyone here will discourage you!

The only thing that might hinder you is lack of money and space. Think before you spend and re-arrange your furniture
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

LOL...I am going to be no help for this either...I have 6 bettas right now...and am fighting to keep myself from buying this awesome VT female I saw today..hubby will kill me lol. Good luck...we all need help..too bad we don't really WANT it!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #4 
LadyVictorian

xD Yeah, lucky me I have a shelf that could literally hold 24 5 gal tanks >.< thanks giant wall that is a shelf...it would be amazing but all my nick nacks would have to be put away xD. Money is an issue though. I don't have an endless bank account. Still, all those 5 gal critter keepers look pretty empty. Maybe after 2 months with this boy I'll venture to put another. Get a strip to plug in so I can run two tanks on one plug in. I have no idea what colors I would get next but I am thinking crown tail. I love veil tails and all but all my males in the past have been veil tails.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #5 
Frazzle

Im a compusive buyer... And everywhere i go that sells bettas... I have to look. Plan out everything, make managable space, and make sure you buy the important stuff all at one shot
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #6 
registereduser

This winter I am going to try to rescue bettas in bad shape from stores. Then after (IF) I can get them healthy again my plan is to adopt them out to worthy folks here on the forum. That way I can keep getting more!

I foster kittens, why not fish? No spay/neuter involved
Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #7 
LadyVictorian

Oh wow that is a good idea, why didn't I think of that? I use to foster mice and rats from the shelter I worked at for a while since I was the rodent expert. You will have to keep me updated in the fish rescue I may go through you. I am also thinking of babies. Is it easy to tell the gender of baby betta? I would like to get a little baby boy and raise him up into a beautiful fish. When I looked at the babies at petco they all looked pretty plain colored. Are they hard to care for? I really want to look into baby care.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #8 
registereduser

My very first betta was a baby. I put her into a new 5 gallon tank and she died from ammonia poisoning. It was before I learned to cycle a tank first.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #9 
LadyVictorian

Ah yes, you got to clean up that water. I normally don't put the fish into the tank until after 24 hours. That way it's up to proper temp, balance, and also I can then float the fish to acclimate it after the 24 hours.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #10 
ao
TFK Moderator

*tries to stop you
as if :D

I'm a 1 betta person....
but if you have the space and the tanks... GO FOR IT!
ao is online now   Reply With Quote