Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #11 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceven View Post
I crushed up pellets and bloodworms for Koshiro. Its great watching them grow up, I know a lot of people are really upset that people buy them, but if you and me hadn't adopted them, then they might end up in crap conditions.

But you seem to think like me, let the fat cats have their $2 bucks, quality of life matters for these babies.

I don't think it's bad that we buy them I think it's sad that they mass breed them and sell them this young. I have recently been on the hunt for Half Moon Double Tail babies at Petco. They are so cute!! I have 5 of them and they are all growing up so big. I will get some pictures of them soon.

Your baby VT is so pretty :) Good luck with him!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #12 
buddhauser

Yea it is sad that they mass produce and sell this young but we are giving them a a better home and thats better than growing up in a tiny cup for any longer period of time. They are going to be sold if we buy them or not because someone else is going to buy the baby for 2 bucks.
Candice I saw a white double tail baby the other day and was going to bring it home but gf said I couldnt lol wish I did. You just reminded me of him/her
buddhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #13 
TheCheese909

You don't need to crush pellets up. Go back to PetCo and look for New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula. The pellets are super tiny, almost like coffee grounds. Babies eat a LOT and poop just as much lol. He'll have no problem eating a dozen of these pellets and still be without a pooch.

I had a baby Betta for a little while, unfortunately he got caught under a decoration and drown :( but while I had him he was very active and happy in his 2 gallon tank and ate more piggy like then my adult Bettas.

You can also feed him frozen brine shrimp & glassworms. My Baby who I called Little Poopie (lol) was very very little but he had no problem gobbling up the frozen stuff.

But anyway, as for pellets, look for those NLS Small Fish Formula, i haven't seen them at PetSmart, just PetCo. The stuff is awesome and super healthy.

CandiceMM, I haven't seen any Baby Bettas that grew up to not be VTs. A friend of mine got a Baby and he grew up to be a VT and i've seen several people on here who also bought Babies that grew up to be VTs as well. Have you come across other types of babies?

Last edited by TheCheese909; 09-06-2012 at 05:34 AM.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #14 
Sceven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheese909 View Post
CandiceMM, I haven't seen any Baby Bettas that grew up to not be VTs. A friend of mine got a Baby and he grew up to be a VT and i've seen several people on here who also bought Babies that grew up to be VTs as well. Have you come across other types of babies?
I know I am not Candice, but I have seen a couple of DT and one CT, but I think that Koshiro might actually be a PK. I will have to post a picture of him, I think its a him, most likely a him.
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #15 
rosy delta

I have one double tail baby - wish i had seen that white one!! mine is blue marble. the others will probably end up VT's but it's hard to tell right now. they are much bigger than when i got them but still pretty darn small. I'm glad that we buy them because if the average person did, they would not feed them properly and they would probably starve or be malnourished.
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #16 
TheCheese909

Interesting, i'll have to keep an eye out then. All the ones i've ever seen have been little VTs. :)
Old 09-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #17 
buddhauser

I think I have 2 halfmoon females... 1 I am almost positive. Ill post pics up later when they get a bit bigger
buddhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #18 
ANHEL123

make sure filter not too strong for him. Remove uneaten food so it don't sink to the bottom and contaminate the water.
I do 1-50 and 1-100% water changes a week for my tanks (2.5 gall without filters).
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #19 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheese909 View Post
You don't need to crush pellets up. Go back to PetCo and look for New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula. The pellets are super tiny, almost like coffee grounds. Babies eat a LOT and poop just as much lol. He'll have no problem eating a dozen of these pellets and still be without a pooch.

I had a baby Betta for a little while, unfortunately he got caught under a decoration and drown :( but while I had him he was very active and happy in his 2 gallon tank and ate more piggy like then my adult Bettas.

You can also feed him frozen brine shrimp & glassworms. My Baby who I called Little Poopie (lol) was very very little but he had no problem gobbling up the frozen stuff.

But anyway, as for pellets, look for those NLS Small Fish Formula, i haven't seen them at PetSmart, just PetCo. The stuff is awesome and super healthy.

Hey Cheese, yes I actually own 5 baby betta's and 4 are DT HMPK and one I believe is a DTHM. I'll get some pictures of them tomorrow. One of my DT HMPK is a female, she is super cute!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #20 
TheCheese909

I don't want this thread to get off topic but I would love to see them! :)