Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #31 
labloverl

I think I'd feel safer if I changed the water twice. Would I just pour out the old cup water and add new water in like if I were acclimating a new one to a new tank? For each water change?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #32 
LebronTheBetta

OK, but aren't those 100% changes? And yes, you would have to do the same procedure for each one.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #33 
labloverl

yes those would be 100% changes. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just do one lol!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #34 
LebronTheBetta

You can always do 2 changes whenever you want to. Rofl
Old 09-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #35 
MSG

I changed my water in my temporary hospital tanks and other square glass vases usually ONCE every morning when I was treating for injuries. Any presents on the bottom are removed immediately with a transfer pipette.

I would recommend taking pictures of the two fellas so you can monitor the progression of the healing. I just used AQ salt for the first 2 days but after that days 3 to 7 I used pure K salt. 1tsp/gallon conditioned water that I left out for 24 hours. I only used slime coat after she sustained another major injury from getting wedged in a decoration, tearing off ALL the scales exposing her muscle tissue.

Be careful with those shortening/margarine/spreadable butter tubs. The residue from those containers are not easy to clean without using a ton of hot water and soap to break up the fat molecules.

That's why I use the square glass vases instead for hospital/qt tanks. Typically you can get them for about $1 or less if you look around. The glass vases are nicely weighted & much more resistant to scratches, but they will shatter if you drop them.

If you have butter fingers/clumsy then maybe a simple 32oz clear plastic container you get soups in will be a better solution.

Post a picture of the two troublemakers, they couldn't be in worse condition than my female betta Senetti when I started treatment on her.

I'm going to release Senny in the guppy tank this evening because I have snails I want her to hunt down for me.

Good luck with your treatment.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #36 
labloverl

Thanks MSG!

This is Sapphire. He seems to look the worse.

And this is Seeley. He's better today as he's now using his fin to swim, but it still seems stiff. Some of his rays are bent and mangled.

Last edited by labloverl; 09-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #37 
LebronTheBetta

Your Seely seems a bit thin. I wish for the best of their recovery! Not too bad.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #38 
labloverl

Really!? I feed pellets from walmart (not sure what kind) and I give these 2 about 3 a day. My older betta who is much bigger I feed about 4 a day. Should I feed more? He's always eager to eat.

Last edited by labloverl; 09-04-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #39 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
Really!? I feed pellets from walmart (not sure what kind) and I give these 2 about 3 a day. My older betta who is much bigger I feed about 4 a day. Should I feed more? He's always eager to eat.
Not sure how big those are; but omega one pellets are 1 millimeter in diameter and Teeney was the size to get 6 daily.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #40 
tanseattle

They don't look that bad. My show quality HM got beat up 3x times as badly as yours by my HMPK . I treat with Aqu salt for 3 days and put in a big jars. He shred his fin for the first 3 days. Today is 7th day; there is sign of healing and regrow.
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote