Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is the minimum tank size for a betta?
Less than 1 gallon 1 1.52%
1-1.5 gallons 27 40.91%
2-2.5 gallons 28 42.42%
5 gallons 8 12.12%
Greater than 5 gallons 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #1 
teeneythebetta

We need your help! Preparing for the first issue of The Betta Fish Weekly Newsletter!

Hello everyone! I am happy to announce that soon you guys can expect a weekly betta fish newsletter to be published here on the forum, right here in the Betta chat section! This newsletter will be called "The Betta Fish Weekly". We are still in the process of figuring out our schedule, but we plan on having it published every Monday. The first edition will not be ready by next Monday, but hopefully soon after. In this newsletter, you can expect care, breeding and informative articles, FAQ, Polls, a Betta fish story, Photo contests, Rescue of the week, art and more!

So, in making this post, I must ask you guys for a few things to make this newsletter a success!
  • Please answer the poll shown above. That poll's results will be shown in the first edition of The Betta Fish Weekly. Each edition will have a new poll along with it to be featured in the next edition, your votes are appreciated! Nobody can view who voted for what, so please vote honestly!
  • Contest Photos. We will have our own monthly betta fish photo contest. There will be three judges to rate your photos which will determine the winner! Please PM your photos to me, and in the title, state wether you consider yourself a Beginner, average, or pro photographer. We need entrys for each section, there will be one winner for each. I ask that each person only enters one photo.
  • Rescue of the week. Wether you just got this rescue and he/she is still recovering, or has already recovered, we would love to hear about it! PM photo(s) and your rescue's story, please put the subject as "Rescue of the week". Rescues will be selected randomly via random.org. You are free to re-enter your rescue if your rescue was not chosen in previous weeks.
  • Art of the week. Each week, a subject, for example "Red halfmoon" will be listed in the newsletter. Please submit your art that pertains to that subject via PM to me, titled "art of the week- red halfmoon" or whatever that week's subject is. Art of the week will be selected randomly using random.org. You can currently submit 'red halfmoon' art work to be featured in the first issue.
  • Ideas. We will always be looking for ideas to add to the newsletter! Wether you have basic questions pertaining to bettas, new section ideas or more, please PM me anything you think could improve the newsletter!
  • We have one spot left for a judge for the monthly photo contest. If you are interested in this position, please PM me to see if the space is still available. Please only apply if you are on the forum regularly, preferably on a daily basis.
  • We also would like to have fill-ins. Some weeks some of the members regularly involved in the making of the newsletter may be busy or unable to do their job. Fill ins would be on stand-by and able to do the job in that case. I ask that fill ins be more experienced members, preferably junior members or higher up so that you are used to the forum. Please state which positions you would be able to cover. A graphic designer fill in would be appreciated, preferably someone that is experienced in that field, as well as writers and editors.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to comment below or via PM. Thank you guys!
Below I have listed people who have already been given positions...

Graphic designer: Aokashi
Editor: LebronTheBetta
Writers: TeeneyTheBetta, Alcemistnv, Magnum, CandiceMM(story), Mo(Breeding)
Photo judges: MaisyDawgThirteen, Perseusmom

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 09-03-2012 at 05:06 PM.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #2 
Alcemistnv

voted!!! :D

Definitely looking forward to working with everyone and then making this a success!! :D
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
voted!!! :D

Definitely looking forward to working with everyone and then making this a success!! :D
+1! Did I include everything? I tried to take my time putting everything together, I hope i didnt leave anything out!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

This is going to be so much fun ! I am going to do a drawing for the Red Halfmoon.

Hey since I am a judge can I still enter photos for the contest ? It doesnt matter if I win or not just would like to add one each month since I have been getting some good pictures of Perseus here lately, he used to swim away when I would try and get a picture and now its like he almost poses for them...lol
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
This is going to be so much fun ! I am going to do a drawing for the Red Halfmoon.

Hey since I am a judge can I still enter photos for the contest ? It doesnt matter if I win or not just would like to add one each month since I have been getting some good pictures of Perseus here lately, he used to swim away when I would try and get a picture and now its like he almost poses for them...lol
Yes you may enter! :D I will just get another judge thy can vote for any photos entered by judges

I look forward to seeing your drawing! :D
Old 09-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #6 
teeneythebetta

Congrats to our 3rd and final judge, Pog!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #7 
lelei

I would love to have my rescue story included in the "Rescue of the Week" section..if that is possible, my 3 rescues from the Y, I was still in the process of getting them well, so I didn't enter them for the contest, but I would like for their story to be heard.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #8 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I would love to have my rescue story included in the "Rescue of the Week" section..if that is possible, my 3 rescues from the Y, I was still in the process of getting them well, so I didn't enter them for the contest, but I would like for their story to be heard.
Oh I'd love for you to enter them when they're ready! :D
Old 09-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #9 
MollyJean

I have a TON of buckets of stinky cheese, should I leave them here or put them in the other thread?

Last edited by MollyJean; 09-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #10 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
I got a TON of ideas but I will put should we post them here or in the other thread? o.O
The other thread please :)