Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 04:52 AM   #11 
magnum

Guilty as charged xD

I say good morning and good night to my little buddies. I tell them all my stress's and problems. I find it also really cute that when I speak, they all come bolting to the top of the tank and stare at me. Even if it is just for food!
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #12 
Opioid Slumber

All of our fishies are spoken to daily. I talk to them all the time and our son loves to stand and stare at the tanks and squeal at them in baby talk. I ask them how they're doing and if they're ready for their food. One of our bettas, Sam, is a big show off and I tell him so everyday. It kind of goes like this :

"Sam, what are you doing being such a show boater? You just have to be swimming along the front of the tank and floofing every time I walk by, don't you, pretty boy? Well that's ok, you're so handsome! Are you ready for some din din?"

Or :

"Stop being so difficult and let me get a good picture of you! Don't you understand that there are people on the internet that I'd like to show you off to? Awww, good boy! You're so cute and I love you so much!"

This is a daily occurrence at our house.
Opioid Slumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #13 
DeviCy

I do all the time especially while I'm cooking, his 10 gallon sits on the counter in the kitchen and hes always the first one I say good morning to. Hes so pretty and he just makes me so happy while I work because I cook at least twice a day and hes so close to the laundry stuff. Hes my baby and my fiance just thinks its hilarious.
DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #14 
Kelly0727

I went past talking to giving my bettas kisses... Although most of my boys dont kiss back Pewe blows bubbles back at me :)

But I always have to say good morning, and good night. They know they will get a meal every time I do. Bubbles pretty much entertains my triplets (the boys that are on my shelf..) Then Pewe sits on the table next to my fry tank. We talk about the frys progress and I will know if he agrees with me or not by when he flares lol. So I'd say its completely normal!
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #15 
misty1477

I always talk to Sparkle (and my kittys too).

He is my "Betta-Boy" ... It is so cute when I look into his tank from above, he swims up to the top (almost sticks his head completely out of the water) and then blows a bubble at me .... a kiss from Sparkle to Me.
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #16 
MollyJean

You should hear me in the mornings.. I have to wake up at 5:30 to get the kid up for school. As soon as I know she's up I head down the hall, walk into the living room and say "Good morning! How are my babies today?" and proceed to coo and fawn over each and every one... and I have 16... They all get kisses and happy sounds and I praise bubble nests left and right. So.. I spent about 20 minutes talking to myself while my daughter is getting ready for school, and sometimes she comes out of her room and just says "Mom.. you are so weird"
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #17 
lelei

I love to talk to my babies, all 5 of them, as soon as I get up in the morning and check to see how they are doing, turn on the tank lights, and say Good morning to them, ask them how they slept, and if they are ready for breakfast, it is so cute, some are already awake, and some are just waking up..little yawns and starting to swim around, I see a couple of them, just coming out of hiding..adorable..

And I sing to my fishies, and always say to all them, Who's the pretty fishy,.when I am ready to video them, or take pix of them, they start to wiggle, and dance, and get soo exited,

and at the end of the night, I give kisses to the tanks, and tell them, sleep well my babies..and yes, they blow kisses back, I love it, I love to make my babies feel loved, and special..as they all are..Very special, and very loved:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #18 
whimsicalbrainpan

I talk to Bradbury every day. I say good morning to him and tell him when it's time for lights out. I'll even sit and just chat with him for a minute or two. I think he likes the attention.

Then again I also talk to inanimate objects like my computer or my car. >.> They have yet to answer me so I suppose that is a good sign.
whimsicalbrainpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #19 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzle View Post
I verbally abuse mine to give my self an ego boost.
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Sorry got a little bit confused at that.

To the op, well i dont talk to my pets in general i just watch them and talk to them mentally, i dont know why really but sometimes you can tell they know your thoughts. I do something else though, each time i cross the tank or the bird cages i blow them kisses.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #20 
Bettagirl101

Lol. Nemo has started to dance around almost in circles when he hears my voice. He used to flare at me everyday. Then I started talking to him. He loves me now. He even knows when he's getting fed. I have another betta in the living room that I say good morning to and he knows when he's getting fed. Betta's are so smart! :)
Bettagirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, male, veil tail