Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #1 
LeeDassin

Introduction to my boy :)

Hi everyone, I just joined this site and I am hoping to learn all I can about Betta fish :)

Here are some pictures of my beautiful boy Sebastian, he lives happily with a few other fish including Molly fish, neon and rummy nose tetras, and a rather bossy catfish that likes to make everyone when he is cleaning the gravel.

I've never seen any aggressive behaviour from him or any other fish, they all live together well :D

I have tried to use a little Betta mirror to get him to display for a photo, but he shows no interest in his reflection. I seem to have a very non-vain Betta (Please excuse me if I call them Siamese Fighters).

Here is the Tank he is in :)

This was before we got the fish, the plants have been replaced since :)

I hope you like him! He is my little angel, I was so lucky to find a Betta with such amazing colours! He is a Dragon Betta but I am not sure as to the exact type (as I know the "Dragon" name refers only to the scales).
LeeDassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #2 
CandiceMM

Welcome to the forum!!! Your tank and and Betta are beautiful. I know you will love this forum, everybody is so nice and helpful I know you will learn all you need to know about Betta's.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #3 
DragonFish

GORGEOUS boy! And I love his name. xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #4 
ANHEL123

Hey welcome to the forum :) Your betta is beautiful. And i love the tank. I am wondering how big is your tank?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #5 
registereduser

I love his colors, are those his real life colors or did the camera change them some? Also it looks like his eyes are the same color as his body? I've never seen that before!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #6 
socold57

very nice
socold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #7 
LeeDassin

The tank is 30 litres :)

EDIT:

I am not putting any more fish in as I feel it will be over crowded, they each have a certain layer and never seem stressed about each other (if that's why you are inquiring). The two rummynose tetras and the two neons take up the middle, the catfish takes the bottom while the other three (2 mollies and him) seem to wonder around all over :D

Last edited by LeeDassin; 09-12-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #8 
LeeDassin

No alterations, those are his colours :) He is a Dragon Betta and they sometimes have "masks" over their eyes and it means his eyes look the same as the body :D

EDIT:

Any information to what type of Betta he is would be awesome! I don't know the fin types yet :P

Last edited by LeeDassin; 09-12-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #9 
ANHEL123

it about 7.5 gall with all your fish you need a lot of water changes. Do you have any questions on cycling? Do you have a filter? I am pretty sure you cycling your tank so i want to give you the link where Oldfishlady give instructions on cycling so if you have any questions you can ask www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=107771
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #10 
lvandert

Your boy is lovely and your tank is beautiful but there are a few things wrong with your set up. 1st your tank is too small for the amount of fish you have in it. It is heavily planted with live plants but I'd still recommend bumping them up to at least a 10+ gallon. 2nd your schools are not complete which causes distress. Rummy nose tetras and neon tetras require schools of 6 each, and depending on your type of catfish, they too require a school of at least 6 fish. I believe mollies are also a schooling fish but will be ok in smaller numbers.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote