Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #21 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Wow looks awesome great job and your guys are beautiful and I beginning to really love the PK`s also !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #22 
CandiceMM

Hi everybody thanks for all the wonderful feedback!!! I love my new setup and I think it works great. As far a the disease worries I chose fish that I have had for a while, I keep a filter plus it's heated. I will keep up on water changes and minister them daily. I'm hoping they will all stay happy and healthy!

For the sand I chose a heavier sand from a local pet shop. I did not do Petco gravel it's too fine and clumps at the surface. I found doing over an inch on the bottom help hold my dividers in place. I got the white project dividers from Walmart. Came in a pack of 3 for under 2 bucks. I bought a ton of them!

I will be setting up one more of these in the next week or so and I can't wait! My guys all love the space and I love watching all of them in one tank versus all of my tanks scattered all over my room. Please post pics if you do one like mine :)
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #23 
Asyr

This is so cool! Gave me a great idea for how to set up a new, biigger tank for my betta boy and have a sorority too without having multiple tanks all over the living room (which my husband keeps griping at me about... but I just tell him to stuff it )
Will make a post about it as soon as I figure out the specifics.
Thanks for the awesome idea :D
Asyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #24 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asyr View Post
This is so cool! Gave me a great idea for how to set up a new, biigger tank for my betta boy and have a sorority too without having multiple tanks all over the living room (which my husband keeps griping at me about... but I just tell him to stuff it )
Will make a post about it as soon as I figure out the specifics.
Thanks for the awesome idea :D

Hahahaha my boyfriend likes the idea of sounding like he wants to tell me what to do with all of my tanks but I know deep down he gets just as excited as me! He now wants a 15 gallon of his own for his Betta and frogs and tetras. I guess he got the bug too :)

Good luck with your tank I bet it will turn out awesome!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #25 
socold57

is that sand easy to clean btw
socold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #26 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socold57 View Post
is that sand easy to clean btw

YES!! I did an initial GOOD DEEP clean got all dust removed then put it in my tank. When I added the water I poured it over a big flat surface so it did not disrupt the sand and cause it to cloud. I think even if I had not done that it would not of clouded that much because I chose a heavy sand from a local shop and it's my new favorite!