Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #21 
ao
TFK Moderator

I guess its a no go then XD what wlse is available to you?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #22 
bellasia

Thats all there is where i am, would have to order online but could take awhile have been treating him now for 5 days with aquarian salt but theres no change hes very lethargic but hes still eating and has now developed white tips on the edge of his fins which are gettin worse

Last edited by bellasia; 09-07-2012 at 07:07 AM.
bellasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #23 
ao
TFK Moderator

did you try epsom salt? sorry its early in the morning and I didnt sleep, so I cant remember....
whatever it is... lower the temps a bit so that the parasite will breed slower....
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #24 
bellasia

Always forget about the time difference its afternoon here no i havnt used epson salt yet, was advised to medicate hence my current dilemma im still not 100% sure whats actually wrong hes not bloated and his poop seems ok a couple of days ago it was white and a bit stringy but its now back to normal. Hes not swimming around at all only when i go up to the tank and for his food then he lays back do you think its definatly parasites?

Last edited by bellasia; 09-07-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #25 
lvandert

I think it is parasites, only external. the epson salt will only help internal parasites (and bloating) aq salt helps external things. If he's getting worse you might have to go ahead with the fungal cure you have. That stuff can spread pretty fast and you don't have the time to wait on a shipment.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #26 
bellasia

Have decided to treat him with medication i am worried sick i really hope he will be ok, i know (i wont sleep tonight) still unsure of how i will medicate him in the hospital tank i think it will probably will be best to continue 100% water changes and to reapply medication what do you think?. How long would i do this for? if he shows no improvement. Again any advise much appreciated thanx
Old 09-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #27 
lvandert

I would do normal water changes, redosing the meds. If he doesn't show signs of improvement in a few days or he shows signs of getting much much worse stop the treatment and do a 100% water change.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #28 
bellasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
I would do normal water changes, redosing the meds. If he doesn't show signs of improvement in a few days or he shows signs of getting much much worse stop the treatment and do a 100% water change.
Im treating him in a heated 1 gallon hospital tank with no filter so have been doing daily 100% water changes, i will redose the meds after each change and keep an eye on him thankyou for all of yr help its my first Betta and weve all grown quiet attached to him hes normally so lively, i hate seeing him like this
Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #29 
lvandert

Itsno problem. I fell the same way with my fishies. I would follow the directions on the box first but if they don't state anything about water changes I would just keep up with the norm water changes while dosing every new change. Once you start to see improvement I would give him one or two more doses and then call it good
Old 09-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #30 
bellasia

Ok but is it alright to do a change every day or should i skip a day its just that i have no filter in hospital tank, i think i just woke him up he was so still, im gonna call it a nite and let poor Blaze get some sleep too