Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #1 
tsukiowns

Talking Got a new child

Hey i got this new kid at the local petsmart and was wondering what color it was i know its a potential HM but it could be a Super delta. the only thing i cant identify is the color

here he is (starcloud) not yet official*

tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #2 
tsukiowns

Need help identifying the color pls
Old 09-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #3 
DragonFish

Awwww, what a lovely boy! Awesome find!
He looks to me like a Cambodian Butterfly. In fact, he looks quite a lot like one of my boys only with more Butterfly. xD Haha
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #4 
tsukiowns

thanks so much i would have never though of Cambodian butterfly mix i would love to see your fish.. i know he is a lucky find at a local pets mart just like my mustard gas SDlt boy that i got near my college's petsmart... still dont know if he is a HM but he is spunky.. Thanks so much dragonfish!!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #5 
DragonFish

Well from what I can see hes got the Cambodian Light-bodied cut off to darker-finned, and he appears to have that band of Butterfly-white...so looks like a Cambo-Butterfly to me! xD Lol, you're very welcome, glad to help.
My boy is in my Avvy, though heres a better full-bodied picture of him:

The flash plays off his iridescence a little more and he has some fin damage(I assume from biting in that tiny petstore cup), but he has the very faintest bits of butterfly going on. xD Not that I'd call mine a butterfly, but he looks like he came from a butterfly spawn.
Just a little similar to your guy. xD

Lol, I can't tell if mine is a full HM either....can't get him to flare for me at all. xD
Ahh, the joys of petstore finds....I just love when I walk in and find a gem among all the reds and blues in that terrible blue water in those little cups. <3
Old 09-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #6 
tsukiowns

Yes I have found some wonderful gems... Your boy is gorgeous can't wait to see that tail full and lush... From what I can see with the rays he seems to have quite a few so I would say he is hm of not a real close super delta.. Yeah I can see the butterfly with the blue outline.. I struggle with irresecents too with my mustard gas turns his royal blue body into a gleaming green but hey it makes it interesting... Thanks for sharing
Old 09-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Definitely. xD I even found what appears to be a black marble CT a couple of months ago.
Thank you! Haha, you and me both! I'm incredibly excited to see how his tail will grow in over time, and thankfully he seems to not be a chronic biter as he hasn't taken any more nips out of his tail since I brought him home.
I noticed all the ray branching as well, so I am hopeful that he does spread out to a full HM, or at least a REALLY close SD. Just got to find his flare trigger.....maybe I'll float him in with one of my more feisty boys for a minute or two during his next water change and see....
Ahhh, isn't iridescence a pain when taking pictures?! The flash wants to turn your fish a whole new color, but then without the flash things get all cloudy and blurry.....xD Silly iridescence...
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #8 
tsukiowns

Yeah I feel you with the irredecents I usually take my pics with a natural light and a high shutter speed to avoid the pesky irredecents... Have you tries a mirror inside his tank?? That usually triggers any Betta.. I know mine trigger when I approach the tank with my face right up to the glass lol but they don't flare at each other because they share a split tank so they got used to it.. Oh and my other flares when I have the aquarium lights on and my room completely dark he will flare instantly lol it's so ridiculous how angry he gets that the room is dark and his habitat is bright as day lol
Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #9 
DragonFish

Yeah, I've been looking into getting a square vase of some sort for a photo tank. I have a wonderful place by a window in my room that gets some fantastic natural light most of the day that would be great for some more natural pictures.....
One day....lol. xD

I've looked everywhere for those floating betta mirrors to put inside the tank, but I can't find them. D: I don't know if they sell them anymore, I can't even find them online. I'd love to get one though.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #10 
tsukiowns

I think most people just buy a portable make up mirror and just wash it well with warm water and then put it in the Tank... Idk if it will realese any chemicals or lead into the water that would be a good thread to ask that