Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #11 
Greylady

OK, I'll continue with just the salt for now then, thank you!
Greylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #12 
Greylady

Sorry, my tablet is messing up lately and posting everything twice, this is me deleting the same post as above.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #13 
Pilot00

I have heard that fin clamping can be caused by changing water parameters. Could it be that the hardiness levels have been adjusted somehow?
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #14 
Greylady

I don't know nything about hardiness of water. My test kit doesn't show that. I'm sure I could find out by calling the water department but the numbers wouldn't mean anything to me anyway...

In the meantime Gandalf is getting worse. He just lays on the bottom of the tank, keeps squeezing himself between the plant and the side of the tank. I got a magnafing glass out and looked at him and his gills look swollen and around his gills and under his neck there are splotches of what looks like silver or white scales. His fins are more clamped and he looks like he's just going down hill so fast. Isn't there anything else I can do or try? Does anyone know what this could be?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #15 
lvandert

is he bloated? can you post a picture?
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #16 
Greylady

I can't tell, maybe a little, I've seen him worse when I first got him and he had SBD.
I'll tr to get another pic but it's near impossible.... let me try
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #17 
Greylady

I put some pics in an album called 9/4 9:30pm... I'm just too upset to try to mess with the photo bucket thing because I don't know what I'm doing and it was very frustrating the last time I tried. So if you wouldn't mind, you'll have to look at the ones in the album... Thanks

This is what I currently have in the house if you think any of it will help:

Jungle Aquarium Salt
API T.C. Tetracycline Anti-Bacterial Fish Med
"Jungle Lifeguard All in One Treatment" It says "therapeutic treatment for freshwater aquariums extremely effective against ick and fungus" I've never used it. It lists the active ingrediants as 1-chloro-2,2,5,5-Tetramethyl-4-Imidazolidinone

Last edited by Greylady; 09-04-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #18 
lvandert

The only odd thing I think saw was right where his ventral fins attach to his body. It looks swollen almost. You'd have to verify because it might just be the way he was positioned. It might be an internal tumor if thats the case. I saw his normal poops, his gills looks alright, his fins didn't look too bad from what I saw. Is there anything else you can think of thats could be wrong.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #19 
Greylady

No it's not the angle, it's definately swollen but I wasn't sure if it was because I'd fed him 2 pellets to get him off the floor of the tank long enough to get a picture. He does tend to swell up easily right after he eats, maybe risidual effects of his SB issues when I first got him. The white scaly looking stuff along his gills is new... just in the last couple of hours, he seems to be breathing harder and just lays on the bottom of the tank. His whole body seems to be getting pinker and his tail seems to be dissapearing before my eyes. He was fine 2 days ago and now he's laying on his side on the bottom of the tank. His fins are totally shredded if you compare to the pics in the album before he started changing colors

Last edited by Greylady; 09-04-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #20 
lvandert

hmmm is it possibly septicimia? (sory if i slept it wrong) its an infection of the blood and is almost always fatal. I would PM OFL and/or Sakura and see what they say