Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #1 
purplemuffin

Marineland LED 10 gallon hood for sale

If anyone wants it, I've got a brand new hood for sale.

I'm selling it because I am wanting to get a hood that will support more than just low light plants. But if you like java fern and all the nice low light plants that are common here on this forum, it will be just fine.

The light actually looks VERY bright! You can look up video examples on youtube if you search for "Marineland LED", you can see it has a really crisp look to it which is what drew me to the hood in the first place. The tank just looks gorgeous under the light. Just the LEDs aren't quite powerful enough to support the kind of plant growth I'm looking for.

It comes with two settings--a daylight bright setting and a 'night' setting with blue lights. The blue is a really cool look and a great transition period between daytime and lights out, or just a darker setting to use if your fish is just stressed out but you want to be able to monitor him.

It's easy to install, just has little clips that attach to any ten gallon edges. My ten gallon actually has chew marks and holes in the rim from a puppy who thought it was a toy () and this hood still manages to hold onto it without a problem.

I would say this hood would be lovely for any ten gallon betta home with low light plants or fake plants.

And the nice thing about LEDs is they seem to last quite a lot longer than regular bulbs. Fewer light bulb changes and all that. The lights are bright enough too that it's easy to tank some lovely pictures of bettas without them being too dark looking.

It's in brand new condition, only ever turned on once to test if it worked and assembled to my tank to see that it fit. Unfortunately my mother threw out the box, but I could easily rebox it for you and get it all packed securely. I can send a video if you need to see proof that it works or anything like that.

I bought it for 46 dollars. It's still brand new but I'm willing to part with it for less.. I guess make a decent offer.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #2 
purplemuffin

The hood has been sold. If anyone could delete or lock this thread that would be great.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote