Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #21 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceven View Post
My plant, Fred, is a pet. If you knew how hard I have to try to keep the thing alive you would agree with me lol. I have a much easier time with fish.

Me, too!!! I just don't understand why it's so damn hard to keep a plant alive - all I have to do is water it! I seem to kill plants just by looking at them. Thankfully, aquarium plants are easier, but I recently took in a little root bound daisy, and I'm praying I don't kill him
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #22 
Lizzie the Badger

I'm interested in purchusing marimo moss one day. Would anyone mind telling me the care? Do they require fertilizer?
Lizzie the Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #23 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie the Badger View Post
I'm interested in purchusing marimo moss one day. Would anyone mind telling me the care? Do they require fertilizer?

No, they are the easiest plants ever! That's why I bought one They're happy with regular light, or light from a window, and they don't need any ferts. In Japan, they are kept in jars as pets.

I bought Clyde, who is almost baseball sized, from Petco for $10. That was before I knew there were so many better priced ones on eBay! In fact, I just got 5 baby moss balls for 99 cents :)
Old 09-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #24 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Yeah all I did was put mine in the tank after I QT then for a week and are doing fine..lol Never seen them move though. I got mine on ebay. You can see one over in the corner on the left side of my profile pic.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #25 
callmeconfused

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
I have 3, as of yesterday, and I love them! I originally bought Clyde, and loved him; then I bought Seymour. Yesterday, Seymour had a baby I cannot even explain how excited I was! The baby one doesn't have a name yet, but he will soon... Also, I just won my first eBay auction, EVER - 5 nano moss balls from Malaysia for 99 cents!
Just a warning, I've never had plants or moss from overseas not get taken by customs. It's no fun to get an empty package. Aqmagic was one of the worst.

So, Good Luck to you!
callmeconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #26 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeconfused View Post
Just a warning, I've never had plants or moss from overseas not get taken by customs. It's no fun to get an empty package. Aqmagic was one of the worst.

So, Good Luck to you!

OMG Not gonna be happy if this happens....! Thanks for the headsup!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #27 
callmeconfused

I really hope all goes well for you, 5 for .99 would be awesome!
callmeconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #28 
laynisample

My fish Malcom just ripped his apart so now I have moss bits floating all over his tank. x.x I am so mad at him. He only had it for a day too.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #29 
MsGita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceven View Post
My plant, Fred, is a pet. If you knew how hard I have to try to keep the thing alive you would agree with me lol. I have a much easier time with fish.
Actually you are right. I do not have a green thumb and plants are much harder for me than fish. So maybe I should be more excited about my moss ball considering it's still alive. lol
MsGita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #30 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Oh no I hope my plants get here I ordered some from AquaMagic...yikes.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote