Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #11 
Seki

Will do, thanks lvandert!! You're always so helpful~
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #12 
lvandert

lol your welcome. I try to help everyone I can.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #13 
Seki

So... silly question here... is it possible this can clear up on its own? I don't ask because I am trying to take an easy way out, but rather... Drago looked significantly better the day after his water change. A lot of the white cottony stuff is gone, and his color even looked a tad brighter (not that he was really dull or anything). I switched water conditioners... could that be the reason? I was using some crappy TopFin conditioner before, but I switched over to some Aqueon stuff because I have it around and need to use it up. Once it's gone, I'll be using Prime for him.

I have API Fungus Cure, but I have yet to add it to Drago's water because: 1) I don't know how to dose it for a 2.5 gallon tank and 2) he seems to be improving without the meds. Do you guys think super clean water (I can do 50% daily water changes) will be able to help him fight this off on his own?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #14 
lvandert

oh yes, clean water can cure most things all on its own, as long as the fish's immune system is still healthy. If he's responding to the clean water I would keep it up, without medicating.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #15 
Seki

Sounds like a plan to me, then! Drago is a little tank, he'll pull through all on his own, I'm sure!

Thanks once again lol