Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #1 
mplsmommy

Talking Sorority Set in Motion!

I'm super excited that I'll be setting up my sorority over the next month. Tomorrow I'll be picking up my 10 gal tank at Petco since they are having their $1/gal sale. I'll be getting my 2 newest ladies from Florida on Thursday or Friday, they get to be QT'd for a couple weeks. During that time I'll be picking up my heater, filter, and all my other decorations for their tank so I can get it cycling. Plus two other ladies from my LFS (or if my bf is feeling generous we will go to the MN Betta Shop!)

I really only have one question to my tank, and that is: Do I Need to get a school(5-6) of cories to go in the tank with my ladies? I'd prefer not to, but if it will help my girls to be happier and pick on each other less? Would getting a few snails work more so than the cories?
mplsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

You don't have to do cories and it won't help your girls agression if they are in there. When setting up a sorority you are going to have to expect some picking and fighting. Let them do this unless one gets too agressive. If you have this issue cup the agressive girl for a couple of days and then re-release. Sometimes you have to do this more than once. I have loads of experience with sorortities. If you have any questions ask away and PM me. Nothing is going to help the picking and it's going to happen what will help some is a thickly planted tank whether they are fake or real doesn't matter and some caves.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote