Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #41 
starr70

Hi Everyone
My little guy is still swollen, I am still following the treatments from oldfishlady. He is more active and acts like it doesn't bother him, but the swelling is still the same no improvements. But his personality is back to normal. I will continue the treatments for the 14 days. Will keep everyone posted.
starr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #42 
lelei

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr70 View Post
Hi Everyone
My little guy is still swollen, I am still following the treatments from oldfishlady. He is more active and acts like it doesn't bother him, but the swelling is still the same no improvements. But his personality is back to normal. I will continue the treatments for the 14 days. Will keep everyone posted.
Ok, thanks for the update, sounds like he is doing a lil better, if his personality improved, it could be working..hope so, fins crossed
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #43 
starr70

Here is the latest photo. Sorry it is blurry but the water is cloudy from the oak leaves. If you could notice his tail is frail looking, but stiil swollen. I don't get it, it is more active so shouldn't the swelling start to go down some? Keeping my fingers crossed and praying my little guy gets through this.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #44 
starr70

Sorry that should have been he is more active not it. Sorry just really stressing about my little guy
Old 09-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #45 
Oldfishlady

If it is a tumor or fatty liver...the edema most likely will not reduce much regardless of treatment. Good that he is still active and eating. If its a tumor it usually will not kill the Betta per se-Its the growth that impedes on organs that usually result in the death-depending on how fast it is growing-often they will live normally other than the edema. As long as he is not suffering-I would keep him in the Epsom salt and tannins long term and if you don't already-you could even place him in a 1gal unfiltered tank with lower water level and make 50% 3 times a week water changes using the premixed treatment water to maintain a therapeutic dose.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #46 
sunlight

good luck, give us update.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote