Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #21 
Jessie1990

@ koimaiden- what plants would you suggest?
@xiu- yes, he loves all that room, but he has a tiny bit of fin rot and I was afraid it was going to get worse. He's okay now, I think
Jessie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #22 
thekoimaiden

Right now, don't worry about treating the rot. Once water quality improves, he should be able to fight it off himself.

For plants, there are a few things you can try. Java fern and anubias are two good ones. Java fern has foul-tasting leaves, and the leaves of anubias as thick and tough to chew. These plants can also be tied to driftwood or other decor which is great because goldfish love uprooting things. I've also had luck with large swords and hornwort. The latter is great because it's very fast growing and can be grown floating. My goldfish don't seem to like the prickly feeling of the leaves. Others have had success with vallisneria and red ludwigia, but I personally haven't tried those yet.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #23 
Jessie1990

Okay made the gel food :D It was pretty gross looking >< lol. He seems to love to love it though. So now we just have to wait for his fin rot to heal up :D He seems very happy now. Thanks for all your help Koimaiden!
Jessie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #24 
thekoimaiden

Haha! Gel food doesn't look that appetizing! But I'm glad he's taking to it. Much easier on their GI tract than pellet or flake food. I'm always happy to help with goldfish!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote