Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

Shrimp and ADF

So...I cut snail out of the running and am trapped between ADF and a shrimp but I can't pick. My last question is for a 5.5gal could I fit both or is that just too much of a bioload?

If I can psychically keep them both would it be smart to keep them both? Being that frogs eat shrimp would he just or she gobble up my shrimpy? Also I know shrimp average life span is 2 years but what is an ADF's? choices are so hard guys, at least I cut one out from the running, hopefully I can narrow down my betta's official tank mate based off if I want something to clean his tank or something I can enjoy more myself.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #2 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hmm, I have shrimp with my ADFs and have never had a problem.
And, hate to brag, but I do have the most monstrous, ravenous ADF out there.
I don't think shrimp is too much bioload with the ADFs. As long as everyone has room to move around and hide you should be fine.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #3 
LadyVictorian

Yay, I just might get the ADF soon then and wait for the shrimp in something along the lines of two months when my tank has been fully cycled a while since all my friends say they will die otherwise. Currently my tank is being cycled with a fish in it. Would adding a frog in say two weeks from now be harmful to the frog? I know Betta's can survive it with the proper water changing but what about the frogs? Will they be more sensitive to my cycling the tank? I have so many questions on ADF's now it's not even funny. Hearing everyone talk about them they seem like great aquatic pets and I remember we had them as class pets once. It was fun feeding them with out hands.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #4 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Have you seen this thread?
Yes, as far as I know little ADFs are pretty sensitive to cycling tanks.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #5 
LadyVictorian

Oh I might just wait for the tank to be done cycling before I get it or have it in it's own little separate tank until the cycling is done. If I wanted to go the second rout and did a 50% water change and a 100% water change every week from froggies tank would it be fine or are they more sensitive to that sort of thing? Last thing I want to do is fall in love with my frog only to accidentally stress it out and kill it. Happened to my goldfish when I accidentally put it in warm water rather than cold.

Edit: Also no I haven't seen this thread but thank you so much, reading it right now. I hope my questions get answered on here.