Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #11 
Sanguinefox
Banned

I am in a similar situation with a 20 gallon long and a betta, but I am going to go the route of getting a school of rasboras. They tend to not be as nippy and don't compete color wise to raise the aggression of the betta.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #12 
starrlamia

corys need to be in a school of 6 or more as well.

here is my suggestion:
8-10 tetra
6-8 corys
1 male betta

not overstocked and you have fish at each level, I wouldnt get platies or swords personally so the betta has the top level to himself.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #13 
Jbert3D

Hey Guys,

You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find ammonia here... so much so that I couldn't get any. Only ammonia I could find was in Walmart, it had some chemicals which were on the nono list.

So I had to do a fish cycle, its almost complete. I'm keeping a keen eye on my fish and water parameters with daily changes (amount depend on levels).
Just thought I show you what it looks like so far! Looking for rocks to put in it, and I refuse to pay +30 bucks for rocks. Found some sandstone which I'm going to do tests to see if it's usable.

Also I am not sure if the light has enough energy/uv to sustain plants. Since it was bought second hand, the lady I got the tank from didn't know whether it could or not. Its a darkish purple light compared to my florescent brightish light from the 10 gallon. Would this be one of those low lights that plants can live off of?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Jbert3D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 gallon, bio, cycling, planting, stocking