Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #11 
xShainax

You want to breed petstore betta's with different tail types. Yes, you know everything about breeding. *Sarcasm*
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #12 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadaaa11 View Post
So I'm guessing you would suggest I go on aquabid and spend over 50 dollars on each fish just to have something go wrong during the spawning, leaving one or both dead? I don't think your attempt to belittle me is very necessary. For one, I have given you no reason to believe I am an irresponsible fish owner. Just because you don't like the fact that I want to breed "mutts?"
No, that's not what I want.
What I want people to do is do it PROPERLY, where NONE end up dead. You can get well bred bettas with good form and you get to know their genetics for about $10, right in the betta classified section.

I guessed you had lack of knowledge on breeding when I see you want to breed pet store bettas of opposite tail types, and you seem satisfied that they will kill each other as long as they didn't cost much, and you just joined this month. I'm not hating on new members, I was a new member at one point, and some of my friends here are newbies. But there are plenty of new people coming here like you, breeding for the sake of breeding. Most of those fry are going to end up in cold bowls, with owners who lack care knowledge or just down right don't care about the betta's well being. If you breed quality you can sell them to owners and breeders providing quality care.

Edit: oh forgot to mention. Good breeders would know how to tell a betta's age and know that pet store bettas are considered too old to breed.

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 09-06-2012 at 02:34 PM.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #13 
LadyVictorian

I have known people like this from my mouse forum and all I can say is they make me horibly sad in assuming animals are toys that can breed on their command. In the end the animals always suffer and many lives are lost. It's horribly sad and I feel bad for the animals who end up in their care because they are the only ones who suffer.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #14 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Yes if your serious about breeding Betta then you should also be serious enough to get your fish from aquabid or another breeder. The people here care and love fish and are worried what would happen if you breed a lot of fish that no one wants.

Last edited by Perseusmom; 09-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #15 
xShainax

If you do breed them, I hope you don't have a job or aren't in college. The fry need around the clock care
Old 09-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #16 
teeneythebetta

And no I'm not a breeder, I haven't done extensive research on breeding. I've picked up some info from the responsible breeders here but I still need to learn more about genetics, form and supplies.
But I'm not going to breed anyways.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #17 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
And no I'm not a breeder, I haven't done extensive research on breeding. I've picked up some info from the responsible breeders here but I still need to learn more about genetics, form and supplies.
But I'm not going to breed anyways.
+1