Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 02:37 AM   #121 
crowntaillove

I just read through the whole thread. You've had quite an ordeal with this little guy! You're a fantastic betta momma! I'm rooting for the little guy. Keep us updated, I'm hoping he's going to make a full recovery!
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #122 
britishbetta

Thank you so much! Shigeru is a spunky, feisty little guy. Even though he's sick, he still flared at his reflection today. I was so proud, haha.
britishbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #123 
Sakura8

Since you've already started him on the feeding course, I'd suggest we keep with it then. As for the actual feeding schedule . . . I'm not sure. It's probably safe to wing it but just to be sure, let me talk to DarkMoon and ask her advice.

I used to have some kanamycin flakes . . . can't remember what the feeding instructions were . . . hang on . . .
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #124 
Sakura8

Okay. The instructions on the kanamycin flake are to feed exclusively for 10 days. Since Kanaplex is kanamycin, let's go with those instructions.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #125 
britishbetta

Okay. 10 days max it is then. I mixed in one full measure of kanaplex with 1 tablespoon of food, since that dosage doesn't seem dependent on how many gallons of water there are. Please correct me if I'm wrong. XD;;;;;
Old 09-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #126 
britishbetta

Also putting this here just for reference:

Bleaching tank and plastic plants: use 1 part bleach to 10 parts water to rinse tank. Then clean tank with water until the bleach smell is gone. Use extra dechlorinator for the next several water changse.

Kanaplex: Can be fed to him AND poured into his tank water directly simultanously.

Last edited by britishbetta; 09-30-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #127 
Sakura8

Now, it sounds like a good plan of action. :)
Old 09-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #128 
britishbetta

Well, I've added the medicine to his water and food. The stuff's spread all over his body though, not just his face. :I If he doesn't poop, I can't feed him meds! Argh.

Go Shigeru, go! To the bathroom, go! OTZ
Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #129 
britishbetta

Sakura, I've just had a scary thought. Shigeru's always had a white patch on his head. over time, it's gotten bigger but I always thought it was just marbling. What if it's a huge lesion?

Can you please tell me more about what lesions look like? There's no black or bloody edge to it, just his black scales suddenly end at the white patch. I can't see any white scales on the white patch, though.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #130 
britishbetta

After backlighting Shigeru with a strong flashlight, I think i can see a tiny, teeny divot in his outline where the white patch is. It really isn't THAT noticeable. If he's survived with a lesion from the very beginning until now, does that mean it's scarred over?

Tags
bloating, clamped, columnaris, constipation, dropsy