Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #1 
Seki

I Feel Good About Myself

I was at Petsmart today picking up some meds for Drago (fungal infection -sigh-). Naturally I took a look at their bettas and I saw one poor little guy in a cup labeled "Halfmoon Male". He was sort of blueish-greyish and he had nothing more than a stump left of his tail. His pectoral fins looked like they were melting away, and the rest of his fins looked ragged.

I grabbed his cup and took it up to the counter with me without thinking about it, determined to get him out of his cup, but... then I realized I don't have a tank nor do I have the money or time for another fish. I spotted an employee I've come to know well and whom I trust for help and advice regarding fish. I flagged her down and showed her the fish. She was appalled and literally grabbed the cup from my hand and turned for the back before she turned back sheepishly and told me she was taking the fish straight to a hospital tank. She apologized for snatching him and walking away so quickly, but I completely understood. I feel so much better that the betta is being treated, and I trust this employee to do everything she can to save this fish. She asked if I wanted him once he was better and said she would hold him for me specially, but I had to tell her no.

She thanked me for bringing the fish to her attention and asked about my fish and we talked for a while. She wished my Drago well, I paid for his fungal meds, and headed out feeling very good about myself. I know this is a super long post, but I guess the short version is: I feel like I saved a fish today, even if I couldn't take him home with me.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #2 
mcneivra

you did a great job! it's always nice to hear when 1. people don't just stare at sick bettas and actually bring attention to them and 2. when the employee/management actually does something about it
mcneivra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #3 
Seki

Thank you, mcneivra! I really hope the little guy recovers. I wish I could have taken him, but sadly, I don't have the time or resources to devote to a very sick fish right now. I am confident she'll do her best to help him, though!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #4 
mcneivra

she sounds like she'll do her best especially since she practically ran off with the little guy haha
mcneivra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #5 
BettaQi

Good for you!

Fish savior!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote