Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #1 
battlehorn

Exclamation Betta got caught in the filter (ripped fins)

Hey guys. My betta fish has gotten himself into trouble with the filter. I have watched him for a long time and I have been seeing him getting wrapped around the gates of the intake of my filter. When I quickly turned off the filter I saw his fins were ripped by a very little degree. Of course I go to school so I don't see him for a long time and when I saw him in the night today, I saw his fins were ripped to the MAX. The ends of his fins are somewhat yellow (nothing like FinRot) and I know he probably got sucked into the intake of the filter. So what I did was I cut some pantyhoses into the size of my intake of the filter and then I wrapped it around and put a rubber band to make sure it was secure. I was wondering what else could I do (do not suggest any medicenes and HE DOES NOT HAVE FINROT)? Also, will his fins grow back to pretty and colorful? I will be devestated if his fins do not look good because he used to have some beautiful fins (really pretty!). Thanks you guys.
battlehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #2 
megaredize

ya his fins will grow back to their perfect beauty. just make sure your water is super clean. the panty hose is a good idea but you can also get a prefilter sponge http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-A1387-Fl.../dp/B002LL32RY its goes on the intake tube and can actually help build a stronger cycle since beneficial bacteria will grow on it.
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, filter, fin, finrot, torn