Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

3 Gallon blue tank project

Just got my Marineland today. After a little bit of trouble, I managed to put it together, WITHOUT a filter.

The filter is WAY too big for the tank and I've heard that on some occassions, its actually caused the water to overflow. I'm going to stick with a no filter tank for now, and just keep all tanks on a twice a week cleaning.
(for anyone wondering:
Wednesday: 5 gal 100% 2 gallon 100% 3 gallon 100%
Saturday: 5 gal 50% 2 gal 100% 3 gal 100% ))

I might decrease and make it at least one 50% and one 100%, but thats for the future. So yea! pics!

The giant box is came in. The delivery box was bigger!

Set up with the other tanks:

The current state it is in. I'm going to the pet store today for more blue decor :)

And the boy that should be in there once he gets here. If something happens to him during the trip and he isn't alive (I hope this doesn't happen), I'll have to scope out my pet store for a fish.

After comparing my tanks, I came to the conclusion it's possible that Buddha's tank is actually a 1 gallon.... I feel terrible for not knowing this entire time, but I don't think that the fact that I do only 2 changes a week has been having any sort of negative effects on him. The water parameters are always good, as is the ammonia counts. So, I'm glad to know he;s okay.

More pics when it's done!
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Love the blue idea for the tank oh wow that is one you got from Junlist right ? He is beautiful I love love loveee him !!!!!! When is he suppose to get there ? I pray he is fine when he gets there. I have fallen in love with the Pk`s and his are the best I have ever seen its getting hard to resist not getting one...lol I would like to wait till next Spring though cause I fear what this winter might be like here and afraid of power outages and I live in the country but my son lives in the city so going to set up a tank down there in case Perseus and I and my dog too need to stay there if a snow storm or something happens. Have fun shopping for the blue decor and post lots of pictures when he gets here !!!!
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #3 
Jupiter

Oh, I have that tank too. I also don't have the filter in it...it takes up WAY too much space imo.

Nice betta! Can't wait to see how it progresses. :D
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #4 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Love the blue idea for the tank oh wow that is one you got from Junlist right ? He is beautiful I love love loveee him !!!!!! When is he suppose to get there ? I pray he is fine when he gets there. I have fallen in love with the Pk`s and his are the best I have ever seen its getting hard to resist not getting one...lol I would like to wait till next Spring though cause I fear what this winter might be like here and afraid of power outages and I live in the country but my son lives in the city so going to set up a tank down there in case Perseus and I and my dog too need to stay there if a snow storm or something happens. Have fun shopping for the blue decor and post lots of pictures when he gets here !!!!
Thank you :) He definitely is the one from Junglist ^^
And he should be here tomorrow, I was hoping for a delivery today for him xD
I actually never knew that I would ever want a PK buut after seeing him, I just couldn't say no
I hope everything goes well with you during the winter :)
And there definitely will be a lot of pictures coming! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Oh, I have that tank too. I also don't have the filter in it...it takes up WAY too much space imo.

Nice betta! Can't wait to see how it progresses. :D
And I was actually a bit concerned because I didn;;t know the lid fit ONLY when there was water in the tank. I thought I was going crazy!
But the filter is currently with the filter my 5 gal came with. Thinking of maybe selling them both
Old 09-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #5 
Alcemistnv

Here's a pic of it with some decor