Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #1 
AMCR151

Curling fins?!

I'm a fairly new fish "parent." I've have Flitter, my Crowntail betta for a couple months now and I've noticed that the very ends of his fin rays are no longer pointed. They also seem to be curling in some areas, maybe? To be honest, I have no idea if there's something wrong or not, but if this is the beginning of fin rot or some other disease then I want to be proactive. He's in a filtered 2 gallon tank and we keep it very clean with full water changes every 3-4 weeks. He's a picky eater and only likes pellets, we 1-2 soak in water for about 15 minutes before we feed him (twice a day) so he won't have any digestive issues. Pleas see the attached photo...Any help given will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Attached Images

AMCR151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #2 
Bettanewbie60

A 2 gallon tank should have two water changes every week. One 50% with vacuum and one like 90% at least..I'm not sure what the issue is with his fins, but your water changes are not enough by any means. Hope you can help him.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #3 
registereduser

Do you know what the water's PH is? Crown tails will curl in high PH which is why I will probably never get one, my ph is off the charts high.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disease sick fin rot, fin problems, new betta owner