Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #161 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

6"-8" telescopes or pearlscales are as small as they get, sorry.

Good luck finding Siamese dolls.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #162 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

But no fish is fit to live in a bowl we all agree on that right? I have read of people who keep healthy Bettas and when there friends who keep bettas in bowls come they ask what it is and can not grasp it is a Betta.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #163 
Mo

Yeah. Those are really hard to find so when speaking in general about goldfish speak about the common ones.. Nobody gonna automatically think "oh yeah a 4 inch Siamese Doll" they are going to think about the telescope eye, black moor, etc. you said fancy goldfish require a minimum of 20 gallons... You never said very small species of 4 inch ones so we assume you mean the more common types
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #164 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
6"-8" telescopes or pearlscales are as small as they get, sorry.

Good luck finding Siamese dolls.
Yeah I want to keep a large goldfish pond with a cage on it though love comets plus when a friend sees it they will be confused what it is.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #165 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Yeah. Those are really hard to find so when speaking in general about goldfish speak about the common ones.. Nobody gonna automatically think "oh yeah a 4 inch Siamese Doll" they are going to think about the telescope eye, black moor, etc. you said fancy goldfish require a minimum of 20 gallons... You never said very small species of 4 inch ones so we assume you mean the more common types
Sorry as I said only know about there domestication and what happens when they are in the wild I really thought they could live in a 20 thank you for correcting me.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #166 
Opioid Slumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
Here's a funny one:
Cats suck the breath from sleeping infants.
I think this myth is hilarious because it is so wrong. The myth most likely came from people not knowing what SIDS was in the old days, and wanted to blame SOMETHING to make themselves feel better, even just a little bit, so the cat was a good culprit.

I don't know if this has ever happened, if so it's very rare, but the only way that a cat would smother a baby is if the cat smelled milk on it's mouth and wanted to lick it off, or by cuddling with the baby. If the cat smells the breast milk/formula on the baby's mouth and decides it would also enjoy a taste, it might sit on the baby's chest and lick their mouth. If the baby is too young it turn itself over or can't move because of the weight of the cat, it might be possible for the cat to accidentally cause the child the stop breathing. The cause of death would be from the cat's body being heavy enough to compress the baby's chest so much that it couldn't take in any new air.

The cat getting into the crib to cuddle and sleep next to the baby because it's warm and soft might possibly cause death from the cat's body covering it's mouth and nose so it can't breathe. That would also only be possible if the baby is young enough that it can't roll over or move it's face away.

My cat Munch is very protective of our son Lucian. He will sleep in Lucian's bedroom and they play together every day. Munch watches over our son like he is the baby's keeper or something! It's so sweet.

Here is a picture of Munch sitting close to Lucian after he fell asleep in the living room. He got tired after playing with all of his toys, which are scattered everywhere! The other two are them playing together.

Opioid Slumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #167 
finnfinnfriend

That last picture

I love pissed off cats
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #168 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Wow that cat is adorable.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #169 
teeneythebetta

My cat using my brother as a foot rest.

teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #170 
finnfinnfriend

Awww! I want a cat sooo bad! I wish the landlord would let us have them!
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote