Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #1 
stephanier

Maracyn or Maracyn-Two?

My betta has fit rot and bettafix is just not cutting it. I don't know if I should use Maracyn or Maracyn-Two. Both say they treat fin rot. Which is best?
stephanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #2 
prodrumernate

anything with "fix" in it is not good for bettas.it causes damage to their labyrinth organ..i never used and dont know much info about Maracyn or Maracyn-Two but from what i heard ur suppose to use them together..ill go do a little research...u can try contacting OFL(OldFishLady) or Sakura and ask them.they would know a lot about this kind of stuff..

for me when 1 of my bettas has fin rot.i just change the water out more often and use aquarium salt...
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #3 
prodrumernate

ive been searching the forums...all the post ive seen every1 is using Maracyn-Two and estimating the doses for the size of tank the betta is in..of course having a betta in a smaller hospital tank is better and will save money on medication considering u dont use as much as well as not contaminating the main tank..

do u have a picture of the fin rot?
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote