Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #11 
prodrumernate

its really hard to tell...he looks a lot like a regular double tail in the pic above but he has more finage then that...now my other male Keiichi sees him,and is actually showing off...i dont think he knows the betta next to him is another male..i tried using a mirror.he just swims around it and watches me
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #12 
prodrumernate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I could try to get Aquarius to flare and snap a photo for you to compare, he's double tail half moon and came from Petco so I am sure they likely came from the same fish mill breeding farms of doom. I'll grab a mirror and my phone, brb
actually yes that would be good.see him relaxing and see how he compares to mine.still trying to get mine to flare.but he is being stubborn.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #13 
LadyVictorian

Wait found this, see how all his fins blend together to make almost a D shape out of them. He isn't fully flared here, this was from when I changed his tank and he freaked out the water was missing and flared at me when i brought the cup in to take more. Ignore the text xD

Another view still not fully flared but pretty relaxed. It's hard to catch him just when he is flaring, he moves so fast and falls out of it so quickly. I'll keep trying.

Edit got some half way decent flaring pics, adding now.

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 09-07-2012 at 01:19 PM.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #14 
tpocicat

I have a double tail half moon, and when he is resting, he has more tail than yours. I think he is a double tail.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #15 
LadyVictorian

Flaring

It's a bit hard to see since he is the worlds sloppiest butterfly but his tail goes have a white rim around it so you may have to look a little to see where the white on it is.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #16 
prodrumernate

where is the rum?lol awesome..he wasnt flaring cause ur taking out water.he flaring cause u taking his rum lol..Jack Sparrow lol..

mine is surly a double tail..i think he may have just a little more fin than i guess a normal double tail..or he is just happy he is out of that cup and into something more spacious and wants to spread his wings ;) thank you every1

my other male is just taring him down..like in a western movie shootout..kinda creepy..

now i want a halfmoon double tail ;)
Old 09-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #17 
LadyVictorian

Well you know...Aquarius is the worst pirate I have ever heard of but I have heard of him. May have to name my next fish Jack Sparrow now xD

And half moon double tails are addicting. I use to be a crown tail fan until I got mine, now I LOVE half moons and half moon double tails. Just so much fun and they are so beautiful moving around with that big fan. Happy an angry Aquarius could help you id your guy and hey for a double tail I like he has more tail than normal. It's prettier. I would lol if our boys were related their coloration is very much alike aside from Aquarius is a butterfly... awful butterfly but he does have the pattern.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #18 
prodrumernate

lol he is the worst but u heard of him...gonna start quoting from the movie?awesome..i can picture that in my mind him saying but u have heard of me..thats a good idea.even go with a pirate them tank.i actually have a pirate ship here ;)

i agree with u.when i sold my car after it was just sitting for a year..i used some of the money to get a little 2 gallon round tank and a female betta.i couldnt stop there.i got 5 more,unfortunately lost 5 of them and the last 1 i got she is still alive.luckily for her she was too aggressive for a sorority tank,and the others died bcuz tupid me didnt do enough research on cycling..the first 1 was a baby.atleast she made it to adulthood.now ive got 2 males and 2 females.bought a male a couple days ago.the 1 in the pic above..now im ready for another..

i just divided my 10 gallon and put my 2 males in it.i have material to make anotehr divider and a few bucks more to get another male...im wanting to get a halfmoon double tail now after seeing yalls pix..and then a king who i will proudly name prince...

thank you Aquarius for allowing the pictures to be taken to help me identify mine :) he is still a beautiful betta though u say he is an awful butterfly ;)
Old 09-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #19 
LadyVictorian

He is beautiful, though he is flawed I think his flaws give him a sort of charm. Aquarius is my favorite fish I have ever owned because his personality just fits me too well. They say you don't pick animals animals pick you. The right one just knows you have this connection. That is very true with him. There was a reason beyond color and type I picked this guy and it was that he looked right at me from the cup and stared me down. All the others just did their thing but he stared me down like he meant something.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #20 
bettalover2000

Betta Tails & Colors
This an easy resource for all your tail and color ID questions. Love his color.
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote