Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #21 
Kittykat7
New Member
 
Kittykat7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
He looks exactly like my new man from petco. He was labeled as a halfmoon double tail... he is much fuller than yours, but they do look like twins color wise.



Kittykat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #22 
prodrumernate
Member
 
prodrumernate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: phoenix AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
He is beautiful, though he is flawed I think his flaws give him a sort of charm. Aquarius is my favorite fish I have ever owned because his personality just fits me too well. They say you don't pick animals animals pick you. The right one just knows you have this connection. That is very true with him. There was a reason beyond color and type I picked this guy and it was that he looked right at me from the cup and stared me down. All the others just did their thing but he stared me down like he meant something.
i do believe animals choose u and not so much u choose them....all my bettas seem to enjoy my company...even my dad enjoys them,,,all 4 of mine have different personalities and its fun to see.the 1 in the pic above acts like a dog when he sees me all excited..my others do too but not as much as him..

1 of my bettas love bitting my finger,she even jumps up at my face if i hoover over her tank.another will actually let me pet her and she just sits there as if she enjoys it.i guess its y i cant stop getting bettas.they are a lot more fun than i thought.they have helped me get out of depression :)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #23 
prodrumernate
Member
 
prodrumernate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: phoenix AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2000 View Post
Betta Tails & Colors
This an easy resource for all your tail and color ID questions. Love his color.
thank you..i looked at the post.the double tail resembles like the other ive seen but its like mine is in between halfmoon and just a double tail...he was labled double tail and im sure the people who labled him knew better :) again thank you for the link.i want to look at it more closely when i wake up and Rain is awake to get a better look.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #24 
prodrumernate
Member
 
prodrumernate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: phoenix AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat7 View Post
He looks exactly like my new man from petco. He was labeled as a halfmoon double tail... he is much fuller than yours, but they do look like twins color wise.



wow ur right.i actually seen another like mine but he was darker in color..i didnt even know they came like that..its y i named him Rain.well 1 of the reasons.its like a rainbow.and then also i like the korean actor/singer Rain...so i thought it fit perfectly since it has more than 1 meaning...thank you for the post..im also going to use ur pix to compare him tomorrow as well.hopefully i can get my digital camera to work long enough to take some clear pictures,my phone doesnt have focus on it.but i also transferred him into my divided 10 gallon alongside my male veil tail Keiichi...

now i want even more bettas haha :)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #25 
Basement Bettas
Member
 
Basement Bettas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas.. where else IS there.. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodrumernate View Post
i got a new male(named Rain) the other day from petco..the label said double tail.looking at a picture of a of a halfmoon double tail on the website.he looks like a halfmoon double tail....can some1 verify this and tell me what kind he really is?if so i paid a lot cheaper for him than his actual price due to wrong labeling..
He is DT for sure.. but would not go so far as to say HM DT. You want to see big, full lobes and a 180 spread. Here is a DT HM male I bought from GreatBettas last year. WOuld have liked a longer ray length on his tail, but he does have the 180 spread. Now prodrumernate's fish I would say might be the HM DT.. or at least there is a lot of HM in his background. DT's tend to come out of HM breeding as we use them for fuller finnage. Both fish are grizzles.

Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #26 
LadyVictorian
Member
 
LadyVictorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodrumernate View Post
i do believe animals choose u and not so much u choose them....all my bettas seem to enjoy my company...even my dad enjoys them,,,all 4 of mine have different personalities and its fun to see.the 1 in the pic above acts like a dog when he sees me all excited..my others do too but not as much as him..

1 of my bettas love bitting my finger,she even jumps up at my face if i hoover over her tank.another will actually let me pet her and she just sits there as if she enjoys it.i guess its y i cant stop getting bettas.they are a lot more fun than i thought.they have helped me get out of depression :)
Isn't that funny now, I got mice long ago and they got me out of my depression. I have very bad clinical depression but those mice just understood and took care of me. I now have rats and my betta and all of them make my life worth living. I have been in bad situations in my life where I wanted to give up on living but I have to say my pets get me through it. They give me a reason to live, I live to serve them...I guess you can say my pets pretty much own me xD. I owe them, after all they do more for me than I could ever do for them. I wake up excited every morning to happy whiskered faces and a beautiful feathery fish tail wagging. Who could ask for more?
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #27 
prodrumernate
Member
 
prodrumernate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: phoenix AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
He is DT for sure.. but would not go so far as to say HM DT. You want to see big, full lobes and a 180 spread. Here is a DT HM male I bought from GreatBettas last year. WOuld have liked a longer ray length on his tail, but he does have the 180 spread. Now prodrumernate's fish I would say might be the HM DT.. or at least there is a lot of HM in his background. DT's tend to come out of HM breeding as we use them for fuller finnage. Both fish are grizzles.

he is pretty..i like his colors.after looking at all the pics again and mine..he is a DT just has fuller finage..and i think like u said he might have been breed from HM DT and just has some more fin but is just a DT..either way im glad he is :)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #28 
prodrumernate
Member
 
prodrumernate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: phoenix AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
Isn't that funny now, I got mice long ago and they got me out of my depression. I have very bad clinical depression but those mice just understood and took care of me. I now have rats and my betta and all of them make my life worth living. I have been in bad situations in my life where I wanted to give up on living but I have to say my pets get me through it. They give me a reason to live, I live to serve them...I guess you can say my pets pretty much own me xD. I owe them, after all they do more for me than I could ever do for them. I wake up excited every morning to happy whiskered faces and a beautiful feathery fish tail wagging. Who could ask for more?
i know exactly.i was the same way.had a cat a while back but was taken away..then i really went into depression.moved back to phoenix and had nothing..once i got my first betta.things really started to pick up.and surprisingly my dad even helped buy things for her like the API test kit and all kinds of stuff.i guess he realized its what i needed to get out of bed..we didnt have anymore room for another 10 gallon.yet he let me get it in spite his wife might make a fuss over it and where i put it at..luckily i had a small table sitting outside used for tables.so it can handle the weight..

now i have 2,10 gallon tanks,a 20 hex and a 2 round gallon..ive got about 17 fish and 2 mystery snails..and want more..haha.....if not for my fish,id probably still be laying in bed doing nothing but sleeping and watching movies all day..since they are living creatures.i cant let them suffer.so i have to get out of bed and take care of them.and with their personalities.each 1 is unique and is fun to watch :) they say people who have pets live longer and live happier..i know now its true
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.