Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #11 
MSG

It's totally up to you, when he's chewing, you need to figure out why. I think it's water current or maybe his fins were getting snagged at the bottom of the filter intake.

• You could simply just rearrange the tank a little to see if that keeps him from making it worse.

Put the colorful decoration in the center, right in front of the filter.

The other two decorations on the side.

My betta started to chew when I isolated him to his own tank from routinely eating all his "friends".
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:02 AM   #12 
TheCheese909

It doesn't look like it's all thanks to chewing, though since you caught him doing it, that's clearly part of it and the frayed ends of his tail do look bitten.

I have the same plants from PetCo that you do, and i know from experience that the green one, if he swims through it, can cause shredding very similar to that. It happened to my HM. I would move it around a little so it's a bit more open. I ended up popping one section of the leaves off and it made a big difference.

I'm also familiar to the coral and i believe it has acouple pieces of plastic plants on it, i would suggest trimming the little leaves on it or cutting it off completely.

You can use BettaFix, just not too much- don't over do it. If he's still in the 1 gallon you can add up to 10 drops daily, or 5 if it makes you nervous at all. I've used BettaFix for ages now and I have never had a problem with it.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #13 
hannguyen

Ok thank you everyone. Im thinking about using bettafix because last time it helped! Then I'll move him back to his bigger tank. Last time when I caught him chewing his tank was when I got home and he came up to greet me and start swimming in circle to bite his tail for no reason; it's like he is "showing" me that he can chew his tail off. ;-(
hannguyen is offline   Reply With Quote