Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #1 
CandiceMM

Exclamation WARNING! Do NOT buy from cichlid96 on AB

I won't go into details just yet but he is trying to be two different people, one we all know and one where he wants to be a stranger. For now a short version, he ripped us off on our money, we caught him and found out who he is ( you would be shocked) and he sent us fish under pressure knowing he was caught. We received 3 Betta's that we did not order, most likely his personal fish. Just a warning until all is figured out but do not buy from that person! He is fake is is trying to con people out of their money.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #2 
MollyJean

Wow... What in the world happened? I mean if you can't say, I understand. I can't help but be curious. Are the fish he sent ok? :( I hate when people do things like this. Just reminds me that the world can be a very bad place.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #3 
registereduser

I'm confused, he sent you fish that you did not order? Did you get a refund?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #4 
Leeniex

Is he in the US?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #5 
HookedOnBettas

Hi I am Candice's boyfriend. I was the one who purchased them from user cichlid96 on AB. He intended to give us the run a round and rip us off without sending any fish. When we found out who he really was he sent us fish a day after he said he already mailed them off and he sent 3 that we did not order. The fish on the auction did not exist, so he sent us 3 that were most likely his own. My girlfriend Candice made a video of all evidence and might post it to warn all others of this fraud.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #6 
HookedOnBettas

Yes he is from New York and is on this forum a lot! He is a silver member on here and claimed it wasn't him! But we have proof and we made a video proving it was him by putting the email on Facebook and we found his FB page. What's weird is that same day both Candice and I sent him fB requests because we knew him off of this forum. Anyways we know who he is because he is also a member of the FB page Members of BettaFish. So after we confronted him about trying to rip us off and not actually sending fish he deleted his Fb account!! He is fake and trying to be 2 people. So after he found out who he was he sent us 3 random fish that he sent out yesterday on the 6th instead of the 5th like he said he did. One of the fish he sent is sick and all chewed up. We are very unhappy and asked him for the full 87$ back that we sent him.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #7 
MollyJean

The user cichlid96 on AB is nobody. No sales, no feedback, and I have a feeling that since this has been posted he will not be using that account on AB again.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #8 
registereduser

wow
Old 09-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #9 
CandiceMM

Yeah he definitely won't and shouldn't!! He was trying to scam us! Where he messed up is when he used his real email which we looked up on google an Facebook.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #10 
CandiceMM

The funny thing is who did it you wouldn't expect!!
Closed Thread