Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #51 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol. Sometimes people aren't what they seem.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #52 
Mo

it wasnt him was it?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #53 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

This is horrible! And just saying you probably shouldn't say maybe it is this person or whatnot but it could be this is definately suspicous and i would like to know who it is.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #54 
TheCrabbyTabby

Some of the worst serial killers in history were seemingly the perfect neighbors and wives/husbands. Heck, even some innocent looking kids were serial killers. Can't get anymore unlikely than an eight year old, now can you?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #55 
LadyVictorian

I agree with you can't judge a book by it's cover. Some of the nicest people in the world are the worst human beings in the world. Sometimes their kindness is only a mask to hide the real monster.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #56 
Sakura8

Until we get this sorted out, I think it's best that we avoid speculation and finger pointing. Innocent until presumed guilty etc.

Also, Mo, I assure you no one is specifically targeting Lonestar Bettas.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #57 
goldfishyman

Hi,
I just met Candice and HookedonBettas today in real life. They are nice people. This guy should be ashamed. Anyways we didn't get to discuss the situation much today but they told me to check out the thread.

First thing I would do is ask this dude for a full refund or tell him you will be contacting the attorney general of the state he resides in. Perhaps even in file a report to the AG in Washington so he might be wanted in 2 states. Second if he used the US postal service this now becomes a federal offense. If you use the US post office to commit fraud, shipping the fake Bettas should count, then there could be federal charges brought up as well on this guy.

Finally, since it happened on an Internet auction site there are new laws and a task force that protect buyers. Read this article
Going, Going, Gone... Law Enforcement Efforts to Combat Internet Auction Fraud

Nothing like explaining to people in your cell block that your in jail because you suckered people over fish.

I recommend that if you are going to buy things over the internet use an AMEX card, if you have no choice but to use Paypal use AMEX to make the payment via Paypal. AMEX will recover your money and you won't have to deal with the BS from paypa whenl trying to get your money back.

I'm pretty sure you got his real name and stuff because you had to send the money via western union. Sending a warning and begin taking the necessary steps if he does not comply with your request for refund. Good luck
Old 09-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #58 
Sakura8

For the time being, while this matter is being resolved, this thread will be closed. Thank you for understanding.
Closed Thread