Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #1 
Pogthefish

Anyone else like randomly ever get all depressed?

I have just been in a rlly.. I wouldn't say bad mood, but I feel like giving up. I had 3 pop quizzes today, probably failed them all, which kinda left me in a bda mood, and I was going to do some thread skimming, but I'm just... idk :/ Ive just been feeling like this more and more often lately. This isn't really a question, more like a discussion.. and don't worry about me, I just get like this, just kinda wanted to make a discussion.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #2 
registereduser

Depression is very common these days, meds can help, get an appointment with your doc. Don't let it get any worse.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #3 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Every time I become depressed or sad, I look at the bright side of things and promise myself that I will resolve the problem I have.
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #4 
Pogthefish

I wouldn't say I'm really depressed all the time, but sometimes and It goes away. It was probably me just being worried about my grades, but one of the tests I took was literally the only thing anyone talked about today, even the teachers would say "better go talk to Deacon Justice about the next quiz" and everyone would literally groan, not liek a joking way... god that one sucked... off topic, anyway so yeah. What makes you guys feel better?
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #5 
thekinetic

Nothing makes me feel better, I'm depressed all the time. I have bouts of happiness. But life seems to hate me; I've been alone for damn near 30 years, live with my parents, my body's a wreck, I can't see without glasses, and now my hair is thinning.

There seems to be less and less reasons everyday for me to continue living. All I have is some damn fools hope of finding love, long odds at best honostly. And I have heard all the sayings; Oh play the cards you're dealt, well what do you do if your hand is full of jokers?!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #6 
AngesRadieux

Have you looked into St. John'swort at all? It's an herbal supplement that you can get at a GNC store or somewhere like that. It's not completely effective in treating clinical depression, or at least I haven't found it quite as effective as I'd like it to be, but if you're just prone to feeling a bit down it might help. It has definitely helped me a bit. I'm not at one hundred percent, but I'm definitely better off than when I was first diagnosed and wasn't taking anything.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #7 
Jupiter

I'd say feeling down sometimes is a normal part of life.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #8 
TheCrabbyTabby

I have been clinically depressed since grade school. I guess it came about around the time my baby brother was diagnosed with Acute Lymphatic Leukemia, and was hospitalized for treatment. Another factor was that I was always picked on, and made fun of for one thing or another. I had very few friends at that time, and any that were my friends, decided they didn't want to hang around me anymore. Apparently I was too weird for them.

I could manage it okay, and when I started going to middle school, I actually made a friend who was pretty good. She and I still keep in touch on FB. Anyways, it started really going downhill when this sad and pathetic girl began torturing my friend and I, probably to cover up her insecurities. I used to get so angry and worked up when I thought of what she did to me, but now all I feel is pity for her and any kids she may have now.

It was around my freshmen year of high school that I began to take prescription medication for it. Now I am managing it somewhat, and have since been diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder, or something like that.

After a long struggle with feelings of desperation to find love, I decided to take matters into my own hands and use a dating site. I found a nice guy who gave me what I needed at that time and vise versa, and now we are just friends.

Now that I am single again, I don't feel that pressing need to find companionship and closeness, and feel that I can put finding a husband on the back burner and focus on more pressing needs, like gaining independence from my parents. I seriously hope to be a vet tech one day.

In the big scheme of things, I don't really care if I have one disorder or another, because its not the disease that defines me, its what I do and who I am as a person that does.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 09-07-2012 at 11:50 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #9 
Sakura8

Sounds like it's not so much depression as anxiety. Meds can help with that too although you may want to try a nonmedical approach first. Talking to someone, even a guidance counselor at your school, can really help you deal with the stresses of school life.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #10 
TheCrabbyTabby

Well, seeing that I am 28 and have been out of school for nearly a decade, I don't think a school counselor is an option.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote