Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #21 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
really? I've seen a few human scum in my life who didn't seem to register much.
These people fail survival of the fittest. In ancient times their inability to work within the group would have gotten them killed.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #22 
harleraven

Don't even get me started on PETA. -.- According to them, we are all cruel for having fish in tanks instead of a natural environment. I guess that mean all parents are cruel for keeping their kids in houses instead of in natural caves.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #23 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleraven View Post
Don't even get me started on PETA. -.- According to them, we are all cruel for having fish in tanks instead of a natural environment. I guess that mean all parents are cruel for keeping their kids in houses instead of in natural caves.
I read this as I was spoon feeding my rats blueberry yogurt smoothies. I like to share my food with them. Cruelty indeed, no wild rat will ever know the joy of a cold smoothie on hot night or the feel of a frozen pea or fleece blankets and hammocks. If I were a rat I would so take dirty city streets over a comfortable cage -sarcastic- I love how PETA ignores the facts about things like dogs coming to us, we didn't rip them from the wild.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

And they say killing animals is okay if they do it and diabetes medicine is okay for there vice president takes it even though it is animal tested and mock autistics like myself by saying milk or meat causes it and every disease and ignore facts and run there own "research" company and say "research" says blank and mock Holocaust victims shark attack victims and sick people.They also give money to terrorist and steal animals just to kill them. Is a smoothie and human food healthy for rats just wondering also they ignore plants on farms are grown off animal products and the other parts are turned into food for fish and other animals and Christians.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-08-2012 at 09:07 PM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #25 
gn3ranger

+1 to ladyvictorian haha i feed my rat what i eat sometimes too, because not all wild animals can enjoy themselves a good piece of carrot cake XD.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #26 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn3ranger View Post
+1 to ladyvictorian haha i feed my rat what i eat sometimes too, because not all wild animals can enjoy themselves a good piece of carrot cake XD.
I know some human food is bad for pets which ones are really healthy for rats and which ones are bad I know chocolate is bad for them.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #27 
LadyVictorian

yogurt smoothies are fine. They have to be fed fresh fruit anyways, the yogurt actually like with us gives them good bacteria in their digestive track to keep them balanced, and ice is just crushed ice. Normally I am a very healthy eater so sharing with my girls is never an issue. They can eat a lot of human foods since they are omnivores and not picky eaters in the wild.

Oh boy, and my girls love them some carrot cake. They also had cheese cake though they weren't suppose to. They just helped themselves to mine when I wasn't looking.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #28 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I read this as I was spoon feeding my rats blueberry yogurt smoothies. I like to share my food with them. Cruelty indeed, no wild rat will ever know the joy of a cold smoothie on hot night or the feel of a frozen pea or fleece blankets and hammocks. If I were a rat I would so take dirty city streets over a comfortable cage -sarcastic- I love how PETA ignores the facts about things like dogs coming to us, we didn't rip them from the wild.
Rats are native to Europe your care sounds better still than food finding and avoiding predators.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
yogurt smoothies are fine. They have to be fed fresh fruit anyways, the yogurt actually like with us gives them good bacteria in their digestive track to keep them balanced, and ice is just crushed ice. Normally I am a very healthy eater so sharing with my girls is never an issue. They can eat a lot of human foods since they are omnivores and not picky eaters in the wild.

Oh boy, and my girls love them some carrot cake. They also had cheese cake though they weren't suppose to. They just helped themselves to mine when I wasn't looking.
Thanks rats are so complex like they can survive longer without water than a camel and they can swim a mile or they know a dead rats last meal.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #30 
LadyVictorian

Just to dispel two myths, rats can have chocolate just not too much. That is what they use as rewards in labs for behavioral study. I have also given my rats chocolate, the only issue with it is if you feed them too much they will get very fat and they also get very hyper from the coca in chocolate so feed small portions one a month I say.

Also rats dehydrate easily, they can't go long without water. I would say past 24 hours their bodies will start to dry out and they can even die within 24 hours with no water on a hot day. Rats are actually found near water sources more than in deserts unless they are a desert breed. NR (common brown rat also the fancy rat) can't go long without water. Sorry to get off topic just making that clear so no one thinks a rat can go long without clean fresh water.

Also the common brown rat isn't native to Europe, they are native to Asia (China at that). They didn't arrive to Europe in full swing until shortly after the first burst of black death so around the 1700's (And yet they still blame rats...T.T). First domesticated in the 1800's by Jack Black the queens official rat catcher her caught rats for pit dogs (they put rats in a pit and had dogs kill them) but the more beautiful colored ones were bred, tamed, and sold as pets to those in high society. It wasn't uncommon from a woman in high society to be at a party with an albino rat on a monkey leash in her lap.

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 09-08-2012 at 11:24 PM.