Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #1 
crowntaillove

it's best to breed a betta in a 5 gallon bucket?

I was watching some youtube videos and came across a series by a guy who claims to be the best breeder in the world, and honestly he seems legit. He was saying to absolutely not breed in a glass tank for many reasons, such as the bettas getting distracted, hiding in the corners of the tank, and the plastic insulating heat better than glass.

What do you guys think about this?
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #2 
harleraven

I do not know about the bucket, but anyone who is a self-proclaimed best anything always makes me immediately not believe them.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #3 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleraven View Post
I do not know about the bucket, but anyone who is a self-proclaimed best anything always makes me immediately not believe them.
That's exactly what I thought at first, but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about and he had and filmed at least 20 breeding tanks going and claimed to have more.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #4 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sounds like Thaitybettas, or something like that. Buckets are cheaper.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #5 
Mo

Rude jerk who can't pronounce or spell Betta. He also uses minimal hiding places for the fish to spawn them quicker which isn't a safe way. He isn't right and doesn't have TRUE evidence backing it up half of the time. He isn't as great as he claims to be, use a bucket, tank, or whatever you choose. I've used all and the small plastic clear tubs that have corners have worked most efficiently for me.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #6 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Didn't say it was him, just reminded me of him.... o.o
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #7 
Mo

Oh yeah, we'll it seems like him. Lol, he's the ONLY breeder I can think of that breed in 5 gallon buckets, calls themselves the best breeder in the world, and one with a YouTube Chanel... He can talk, talk, talk, talk, talk as long as he wants but his methods aren't the best IMO. Other people agree
Old 09-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #8 
crowntaillove

Yes that was his name. Sorry, I didn't mean to flare up tempers, I was just wondering what everyone thought of his methods. I tend to be a bit on the naieve side, so I was just wondering if this guy is legitament. I've also read a teensy bit about the Thailand breeding method, which seems to contrast greatly with what I've read about a hobbiest's breeding methods. I know different things will work for different people, and I just like to read into different ways of doing things. How do you guys breed your bettas?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #9 
Mo

Depends in the day, how I feel and experience with the individual pair... HMPK's typically get larger breeding tanks, dragons get glass ones so I can monitor aggression better, heavily finned pairs get smaller tanks. Proven pairs get all of the above. Lol, just set up some in a tub and already spawning after realesed 30 minutes ago. My other pair was in a 5 gal and spawned within 30 seconds of being realesed. My Proven fish spawn very fast
Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #10 
cjconcepcion

his methods aren't really that bad... its his attitude that really has earned him a bad reputation on this site...
but dont worry! everyone has their own methods :) heres mine: 10 gallon tank filled halfway, sponge filter, heater set to 82, lots of floating plants and IAL
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote