Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #21 
Shirleythebetta

This type of situation is the reason why my 5 year old brother in law is brain washed. He is now giving his 48 year old daddy betta lessons and can be trusted to feed them on his own. He actually has and takes care of his own betta, his dad does the changes of course. He gets out of bed before everyone and gives his fish a pinch of food. Little fingers give the perfect size breakfast. My husband was there one morning when the boy woke up and he was cracking up. He asked him what he was doing and he responded, "My fish needs his breakfast, duh"
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #22 
asukabetta

My 7 year old sister keeps getting into my room and bringing her friends over to see the fish, last time this happened her friend convinced my sister to try and touch the fish with their hands, and whenthey realized blueberry was too quick, they caught him in the net, PULLED HIM from the water and started touching him like if he was cat....

Thing is I was in my tutoring job and wasnt home to stop this.

When I found out, (because blue's water was all over my room) I grounded my sister so badly, she never goes around the fish without my permission no more. At least for now.

A non fishy story but similar lines would be:

My friend has 2 baby cousins, well not so small perhaps 5-7 years old. And her aunt that had to stayed over visiting for a few weeks.

And my friend just got a kitten called Halloween, did you know what the kids did?

THEY KICKED the cat, grabs its tail, pulled its tail, stepped its tail, BEAT the cat. Everytime we weren't looking, somehow they got to the cat.

They beat up the poor kitty so bad, she was limping. And the thing is we grounded them, yelled at them, everything possible and still no avail. We banned them from touching even looking at the cat, but it was impossible.

It was also the aunts fault. She didn't give a crap, and got upset when we yelled at her children. And didn't think her children did it, she said that cat got hurt from falling off the bunk bed, but how does that explain that the poor kitty was hurting from it's front paws, back paws, stomach and tail?

Honestly they are messed up all those 3. I was so upset at all of them and I wish I could have gone all out on those idiots, however, it wasn't my family so it wasn't really my place, but my friend did it for me though XD

Seriously uneducated parents breed uneducated children, the aunt is a terrible human being and mother, and her children under her influence is becoming like her >_>

Last edited by asukabetta; 10-23-2012 at 02:45 AM.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:55 AM   #23 
homegrown terror

ugh....some of these stories. my son is only 11 months old, and he already has more respect for our fish than these kids.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
My 7 year old sister keeps getting into my room and bringing her friends over to see the fish, last time this happened her friend convinced my sister to try and touch the fish with their hands, and whenthey realized blueberry was too quick, they caught him in the net, PULLED HIM from the water and started touching him like if he was cat....

Thing is I was in my tutoring job and wasnt home to stop this.

When I found out, (because blue's water was all over my room) I grounded my sister so badly, she never goes around the fish without my permission no more. At least for now.

A non fishy story but similar lines would be:

My friend has 2 baby cousins, well not so small perhaps 5-7 years old. And her aunt that had to stayed over visiting for a few weeks.

And my friend just got a kitten called Halloween, did you know what the kids did?

THEY KICKED the cat, grabs its tail, pulled its tail, stepped its tail, BEAT the cat. Everytime we weren't looking, somehow they got to the cat.

They beat up the poor kitty so bad, she was limping. And the thing is we grounded them, yelled at them, everything possible and still no avail. We banned them from touching even looking at the cat, but it was impossible.

It was also the aunts fault. She didn't give a crap, and got upset when we yelled at her children. And didn't think her children did it, she said that cat got hurt from falling off the bunk bed, but how does that explain that the poor kitty was hurting from it's front paws, back paws, stomach and tail?

Honestly they are messed up all those 3. I was so upset at all of them and I wish I could have gone all out on those idiots, however, it wasn't my family so it wasn't really my place, but my friend did it for me though XD

Seriously uneducated parents breed uneducated children, the aunt is a terrible human being and mother, and her children under her influence is becoming like her >_>
Please tell me the poor cat is okay I would have called the RSPCA for animal abuse and I do not trust anything to feed my fish espically vacation feeders I prefer for me to be the only feeder I only leave at max a week but that is like ounce a year rare and my fish can handle it but the fry do well to and I mean guppies.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #25 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Please tell me the poor cat is okay I would have called the RSPCA for animal abuse and I do not trust anything to feed my fish espically vacation feeders I prefer for me to be the only feeder I only leave at max a week but that is like ounce a year rare and my fish can handle it but the fry do well to and I mean guppies.
yes she is no longer limping it happened this summer, there is a lot of drama in that family that I'm not very willing to get into otherwise i would have jumped, good news is that they moved to a different city and won't visit for a whiiiilleeeeeee because that aunt is lazy.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #26 
blueridge

Not only are kids horrible but so are some adults! I'm in college and sometimes when new people come over to the room I always have to make sure they don't tap the glass, open lids, or get into my fish food.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #27 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Not all kids are bad I have had carter since 13 or 14.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #28 
cjayBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
haha i feel exactly the same way. unfortunately MOST not all parents dont know how to raise their kids anymore.
Are you EVER right.
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I agree that explains a lot.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #30 
DoctorWhoLuver

Not all kids are bad :)
What especially annoys me is when people say that the prides and joys of my life are "just fish".
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote