Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #41 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Yeah but I don't think it counts if its a learning experience. I threw insects into spider webs all the time and watched them get eaten. I don't think these kids were planning on killing or torturing any fish they simply just wanted to see what happened if they put all that food in there lol. Now if they were throwing cats off of buildings...
I fed bugs to a venus fly trap
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #42 
teeneythebetta

Yikes! that sucks!

When i was little, probably about 5 years old, we had a betta in a bowl (i know, i know :S) and I took it upon myself to feed it, so I picked the bowl up to move it lower and ended up dropping it. My mom had the neighbor come and get the fish off the floor, and let the neighbor have it.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #43 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

To me people who say they are just fish are less human. I love fish so much I refuse to eat sea food.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #44 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
I fed bugs to a venus fly trap
That's different it falls under food chain there is a difference between live feeding and torture live food is important you did nothing wrong now torturing would be removing its legs just to watch it suffer one of the the king henriesithink the 8th would throw cats off castle walls for fun.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #45 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

When I was younger I had two bettas one I would use the net to make a whrk pool I am really guilty I did not know I was torturing it in a cold bowl or spinning it the bettas were at different times I bought carterina 1.5 galln unheated bowl now he has a castle.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #46 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
To me people who say they are just fish are less human. I love fish so much I refuse to eat sea food.
I can't eat crab because I have Fiddler Crabs as pets and used to have Hermit crabs as well. It would be like I was eating my pet. However I do eat fish but rarely. It makes me feel a bit guilty that I do.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #47 
teeneythebetta

I avoid any sea creature not just because I love fish, but because they taste disgusting!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #48 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Me too also mercury my MTHFR makes getting rid of chemicals hard I find it disguting aquariums sell sushi I also thinks sushi makes people view fish as less.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #49 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Me too also mercury my MTHFR makes getting rid of chemicals hard I find it disguting aquariums sell sushi I also thinks sushi makes people view fish as less.
*Clears throat*

Alright class, welcome to Home Ec 101. It is time to learn the differences between Sushi, Shashimi, and Nigiri.

Sushi means rice and seaweed. If you have a dish where the main ingredients are rice and seaweed, then you are eating sushi. I've had egg sushi while in Japan and a lot of places that sell sushi in the US have vegetarian rolls. Also, unless the menu says otherwise, any fish in sushi is steamed cook and not raw.

Shashimi means raw fish. That's when you will get slices of raw fish either on a bed of flavored rice or placed on a decorative plate in a pretty way. In this case the fish is actually raw so i would only get sashimi from a place I really, really trusted.

Nigiri is fish on rice. The slice of fish will be placed on a finger-sized arc of rice and is eaten with your fingers. Techniquely, this is the only one of the three rolls that is eaten with hands. Also, unless the menu says other wise, the fish will be raw and not steamed.

*Class bell rings*

Don't forget your homework on the differences between mixing and folding.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #50 
Viva

I'm so hungry right now.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote