Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

PETA doesn't want us to have betta fish.

And they say they need a minimum of 10-13 gallons

This organization is a wacko cult. Some of the things they say are freakin crazy...

read this:

http://www.peta.org/issues/companion...etta-fish.aspx
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #2 
megaredize

ya that is pushing it. at the end they say not to even buy betta fish period. but thats PETA for you.
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #3 
finnfinnfriend

Yeah by saying not to buy them they basically don't want us to have them...Thats what I picked up anyway...
Old 09-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #4 
LadyVictorian

The first half I agree with but once they got to 10gal min I was sketchy and then they said don't buy them and support the stores that sell them. Well the stores that sell them also sell other animal products so even if you buy dog food you support those stores. I say buy those betta's and give them a good home if you can. You can't save them all but if you can save one then it's better than letting it die right? Give it a good life and hope the others can have the same.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
The first half I agree with but once they got to 10gal min I was sketchy and then they said don't buy them and support the stores that sell them. Well the stores that sell them also sell other animal products so even if you buy dog food you support those stores. I say buy those betta's and give them a good home if you can. You can't save them all but if you can save one then it's better than letting it die right? Give it a good life and hope the others can have the same.
+1

They were right about the betta vases; but the 10 gal minimum and don't buy them? come on guys they are domestic animals...Humans have been keeping domestic animals for thousands of years. We like having them around us. It's almost instinctive...
Old 09-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #6 
LadyVictorian

I said this in another thread about my rats but I don't think my betta would want to live in the wild. He has it made here. His biggest worry is the giant thing that sucks up water. That's his only twice a week worry or concern. And sometimes that mystery fish that looks just like him who appears and then vanishes.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #7 
finnfinnfriend

Yeah I say we treat them pretty well...
Old 09-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #8 
harleraven

PETA does not want anyone to have any pets at all. If it were up to them, all domestic animals would be gone.

However, I do agree with not purchasing bettas from a pet store that does not care for them properly. One purchased just opens up room for another to be abused. The more that are sold, the more that are produced and forced to suffer. Either way, the same number (technically MORE) will be abused and possibly die. It really is heartbreaking, but the only way to stop the supply is to stop the demand.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #9 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleraven View Post
PETA does not want anyone to have any pets at all. If it were up to them, all domestic animals would be gone.

However, I do agree with not purchasing bettas from a pet store that does not care for them properly. One purchased just opens up room for another to be abused. The more that are sold, the more that are produced and forced to suffer. Either way, the same number (technically MORE) will be abused and possibly die. It really is heartbreaking, but the only way to stop the supply is to stop the demand.
Yeah but that is not what they are saying. They are saying no fishies for us at all. I hate PETA with a burning passion now...Pet keeping is my hobby and what keeps me going.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #10 
Tikibirds

This is why we should not listen to a damn thing these dummies say
Quote:
According to records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA has killed more than 25,000 animals (mostly dogs and cats) at its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia.
According to records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA killed 1,911 cats and dogs last year while placing just 24 in adoptive homes. Since 1998, a total of 27,751 pets have died at the hands of PETA workers.
"PETA hasn’t slowed down its slaughterhouse operation, even as the group continues to lecture the American public with its phony ‘animal rights’ message," said Rick Berman, CCF’s Executive Director. "It appears PETA is more concerned with funding its media and advertising antics than finding suitable homes for these dogs and cats."
Despite its $37.4 million budget, PETA employees make little effort to find homes for the thousands of animals they kill every year.
Plus arent these the same idiots that tried to have catfish renamed to something more...ethical?

EDIT

Quote:
People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads—which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones—well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by.
Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy—stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?

Last edited by Olympia; 09-09-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Politcal correctness.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote