Old 09-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #12 
Tikibirds

more like wackos....
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #13 
harleraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Yeah but that is not what they are saying. They are saying no fishies for us at all. I hate PETA with a burning passion now...Pet keeping is my hobby and what keeps me going.
I think you missed the part where I said they don't want us to have any animals at all. ;) Believe me, I am not friend of PETA! They are total whack jobs.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #14 
Mako

Keeping bettas is actually a good thing unless if you do buy them and keep them in the cup they give you, a bowl, or even a vase. People who know about aquarium keeping though don't do this and they give the betta a better home. Basically, PETA is contradicting themselves. They want animals to be cared for like humans but to leave them in a cup at a store for them to live a miserable life until their death, PETA might as well be advocating people to wipe out the species altogether. If PETA were in control of the world, house dogs would live in the woods to be eaten by the wolves, house cats would live in the jungle to be eaten by the tigers, and bettas would live in the ocean to either be eaten by whatever got to it first or die by the salt content.
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #15 
finnfinnfriend

What does PETA say about carnivorous animals? They don't want us eating animals so....
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #16 
Mako

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
What does PETA say about carnivorous animals? They don't want us eating animals so....
They lecture the animals that they are engaging in animal cruelty and pray that the circle of life changes its ways.
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #17 
inareverie85

PETA's stance seems to be that animals should not be kept as pets. I am all for animal rights, but PETA is a tad extreme, especially since most animals people keep these days were developed and domesticated of MANY years in order to be pets.
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #18 
AngesRadieux

Does anyone find it slightly ironic that they don't want people to have domesticated animals and yet they have an article that condemns letting cats roam around outside as cruel and negligent? xD
http://www.peta.org/issues/companion...door-cats.aspx

Yup. We can't have them as domestic pets, but we also can't let them wander around outside. So I guess we should just kill all cats since there's apparently no suitable way for them to live in the modern world? Just more stupidity from PETA. Hate them!
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #19 
WildFlower

Reading this thread was the first time I've heard of PETA, and I can't believe some of the things they say. >:( I mean, the only article I read that I agreed with was declawing. Also, did anyone notice how the betta pictured on the left looked like he had a stress stripe and was lethargic/unhealthy? Or did they purposely pick a picture that was bad instead of a healthy betta? It might just be me though...

Last edited by WildFlower; 09-09-2012 at 05:07 PM.
WildFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #20 
LittleBettaFish

They actually want all domesticated animals wiped out. As in cats, dogs, cattle, horses etc. made extinct. That is essentially the end game of their organisation. There are about a hundred quotes from the head honcho in regards to this. I believe there is one something along the lines of, "One generation and out".

Unfortunately, they and the HSUS are masters at gleaning donations from the ignorant masses. People think they are helping the animals, but really all they are doing is lining the pockets of those in charge, and paying for all their whacky advertisements and campaigns.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote