Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #1 
GreyHounD
Member
 
GreyHounD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zamboanga City, Philippines
Genetic Guide(need help)

I'm breeding my Red Dragon Plakat( Male ) and Black & Blue Laced Crowntail ( Female ).

What's the benefit of breeding a plakat and a crowntail?

Will there be a chance that my Spawn will have armored( dragon scales ) ?

What will be the possible outcome?

Thank you!

My first spawn was posted here. Time for my second since I'll be sharing the offspring with my local fish breeder as thanks for selling the dragon.
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #2 
Basement Bettas
Member
 
Basement Bettas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas.. where else IS there.. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHounD View Post
I'm breeding my Red Dragon Plakat( Male ) and Black & Blue Laced Crowntail ( Female ).

What's the benefit of breeding a plakat and a crowntail?

Will there be a chance that my Spawn will have armored( dragon scales ) ?

What will be the possible outcome?

Thank you!

My first spawn was posted here. Time for my second since I'll be sharing the offspring with my local fish breeder as thanks for selling the dragon.
No benefit. You are mixing tail types and will not get the best of either.

Might get a few scales of dragon. You need to do dragon x dragon to keep them.

Lots of multi type fish, some with the dragon type scales. Got a lot genetically going on so gonna be a wild card spawn. Good luck with the fry.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #3 
GreyHounD
Member
 
GreyHounD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zamboanga City, Philippines
Ok! I'll just get the male buffed up till I find a female dragon.

Though how long till the male will be able to start breeding after a spawn?

Thank you for the reply.
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #4 
Basement Bettas
Member
 
Basement Bettas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas.. where else IS there.. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHounD View Post
Ok! I'll just get the male buffed up till I find a female dragon.

Though how long till the male will be able to start breeding after a spawn?

Thank you for the reply.
??

If your asking how soon after a spawn can he be rebred two weeks is usually a good rule of thumb. But as always.. breeders tend to bend/break the rules depending on need.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #5 
GreyHounD
Member
 
GreyHounD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zamboanga City, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
??

If your asking how soon after a spawn can he be rebred two weeks is usually a good rule of thumb. But as always.. breeders tend to bend/break the rules depending on need.
Ok! 2 weeks it is!

I'll just breed my pure black and marble black HM then.

just wondering, I see fry on the bottom tank are they dead? i'm getting worried bout my first spawn.
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #6 
Mo
Member
 
Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
For different ages of the spawn they might inhabit different areas of the tank. During a certain period of time they inhabit the bottom, then top, then they are finally all over
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #7 
GreyHounD
Member
 
GreyHounD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zamboanga City, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
For different ages of the spawn they might inhabit different areas of the tank. During a certain period of time they inhabit the bottom, then top, then they are finally all over
Will I remove dad?
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #8 
Mo
Member
 
Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
You should have removed them when they were free swimming
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #9 
GreyHounD
Member
 
GreyHounD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zamboanga City, Philippines
So when I see fry with tail and hanging around the leaves and bottom they are generally known as free swimmers?..


Sorry I'm inexperienced. Still didn't take out dad. And I see lesser and lesser fry.

But they don't look like moving.

Last edited by GreyHounD; 09-09-2012 at 05:54 PM.
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #10 
Basement Bettas
Member
 
Basement Bettas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas.. where else IS there.. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHounD View Post
Ok! 2 weeks it is!

I'll just breed my pure black and marble black HM then.

just wondering, I see fry on the bottom tank are they dead? i'm getting worried bout my first spawn.
If they are not moving they may possibly be dead. Really watch your ammonia. Need to do daily water changes even on young fry. It gets funky fast.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Genetic Help yellow Creat Breeding Betta Fish 18 07-20-2012 12:28 AM
Genetic Example Requests KadenJames Breeding Betta Fish 14 06-30-2012 07:52 PM
Genetic outcomes? Creat Breeding Betta Fish 4 07-09-2011 01:15 AM
Looking for genetic expert. Enderhall Breeding Betta Fish 3 06-27-2011 06:39 PM
Genetic Help!! BettaLover659 Breeding Betta Fish 17 12-17-2010 04:34 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.