Hehe! I'm not sure how he'd feel about cookies but I could have jumped up and down squealing (that isn't something I do, but I do
yell across stores about cute frogs)! Lovely idea, mind you. I'll also be sure to tell you what happens with the baby sticks once they hatch -- both lichen wise and in general.
The plants I'm going to use are from both fish tanks and are as follows:
Marimo moss ball
I have a feeling I've missed something but I don't remember. To be honest I just copied and pasted this list from my grow list on another site but I know all the above plants are still with me and doing well. I may get some more anubias (I have three at the moment) and java ferns but I'll have to wait and see. I'm also hoping to get a lily or amazon sword of some description but haven't decided yet.
The sawed off pieces of wood will be reintroduced into the tank somewhere and the substrate I'm using is called JBL Manado, it's basically some kind of clay and apparently absorbs and stores nutrients... I think it's pretty; the problem is it's very light and is also near-impossible to create slopes with unless you use LOADS of the stuff so I've had an idea that will make it much easier.
Kaze's tank is home to many Malaysian trumpet snails, it has sand as a substrate... I can't describe how frustrating it is trying to sift through it to get all the snails out (I can't stand the thought of even one being left behind) so I've decided to layer the sand on the bottom of the aquarium near the back and form it into a hill, I'll then layer the Manado over the top -- this will help plants root while giving me that lovely sloping effect that the Manado refuses to create on its own; I also get to keep all my lovely snailies. Yay!
The day I set up the 54 litre is the day I also have to drain the other two. Kaze will spend that time in a heated quarantine tank on my desk so he doesn't get cold or stressed but what I have to figure out is how to do all of this in one day. I'll likely grab all the anubias, java ferns and moss first, get those attached to the big bit of driftwood then work on tearing out plants, bagging them up with water then draining the tanks. I'll have to then get substrate out, bagged up, then move the tanks. I can't sort the driftwood out before this because I simply don't have anywhere to keep it where it'll stay moist.
Whew, it'll be a busy day. I'm hoping to come up with something that'll let me rest for a while between jobs but right now I honestly don't know.