Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #51 
SpookyTooth

I usually sleep but am never truly refreshed (a side effect of my illness) but last night and the nigh before were different levels of frustrating heh. Oh well, maybe tonight will be better!

I don't understand why parthenogenesis causes genetic discrepancies either, it makes little sense. I guess it really is a "last resort" reproduction mechanism inthe wild that is just more observed in captivity... or something. I don't really know.

Yeah, we buried Gaia with Spectre and Creeper. I cleaned Terra and Firma's enclosure out today and hooked out another 7 eggs which is nice, I'm also hoping and praying for strong babies. I've got a few carnivorous plants I'm looking to sell so I'll get those sorted before I start selling eggs, should give me more time to rest and read about eBay's policies again.

Hehe. I was able to do the water change with the help of mum (bless her soul) and it only took 5 minutes, also took the plate out. The wood is still floating a tiny bit but it's safe now and won't uproot anything.

It's interesting, I have a moving bed filter in Kaze's tank that is running like a dream so I would assume that the filter I built into the other aquarium would have worked just as well (if not better). I love these things, so relaxing to watch.

Thank you for your support
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #52 
toad

Sorry about Gaia, Spooky :(
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #53 
SpookyTooth

Me too but the future will be brighter.

I've come to the conclusion that the piece of driftwood in Kaze's tank will never sink. It started to float quite badly overnight and the only thing holding it in place is the larger pane of glass that functions as the lid. I'm going to see if I can get another piece of driftwood or some sort of rock that I can sit in just the right place that will be a permenant feature to the tank to keep the big bit of wood down.

I was hoping to get photos today but my camera's battery is dead and we don't have any others at the moment, gotta put these ones on charge.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #54 
Chesh

lol, it does seem like that at times - especially with the big, thick pieces - they can take weeks to full saturate. It'll sink. . . sooner or later! Looking forward to the new shots!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #55 
SpookyTooth

Ohhh I hope sooo!!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #56 
SpookyTooth

I've been having problems getting the site to load. Bleh! Oh well, all seems okay at this point in time which is great.

Just took a new photo of Kaze's "Yggdrasil". You can actually see just how much the wood has yet to sink but I'm going to see if I can find something natural looking to place across the branch at the back (that seems to be the necessary point to apply pressure).

Old 09-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #57 
Chesh

Haha, that's so awesome! It really DOES look like a giant tree, though I feel that if it were supporting multiple worlds, the darn thing would SINK under the weight ;) I love the tank, looks like Kaze agrees!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #58 
SpookyTooth

Hah. I'd quite like for it to sink so maybe that's what I should apply to that back branch, eh?

In a moment of seriousness though that'd be so cool! A HUGE aquarium with a giant piece of driftwood in the centre that looks like a tree, with a few small 2 gallon bowls on the end of each branch with some shrimp or something in.

Oh man.

Want!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #59 
Chesh

*giggle*

One day, Spooks. . . that will be your grand project! And you will make it look AMAZING, I just know you will!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #60 
SpookyTooth

Woo! Either that or it'd make a fascinating watercolour painting (been trying to get into painting recently as it doesn't require a heavy hold on the paintbrush). Hmm!!