Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #1 
Pogthefish

How to convince my dad to get a paypal account so I can use ebay and aquabid?

I asked my mom and she said it was fine but my dad didn't want to, so I need a few good arguments to give him so he is more inclined to say yes.

I already have:
I can save money on fish supplies (heaters/filters)
We can sell my school textbooks on ebay next year and get some money back
He can save money on his gardening supplies (he loves gardening)
He could save money on everything he wants to buy :D
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #2 
Mo

Sorry I'm of no use here my parents let me use it anyways but good luck with finding other ideas!
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #3 
harleraven

You probably need to convince him it is safe. That might be his objection to it.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #4 
AngesRadieux

Is anyone in your family an avid reader? If they like books by foreign authors, it definitely pays to be able to buy from Amazon. The third book in a series I started has been out for a while in England but hadn't yet been released in America. But guess what! Some people in the US ordered the book from England and are now selling it on Amazon to other US readers who don't feel like waiting for it to show up in bookstores here.

Not sure if it'll work on your family, but if I didn't already buy stuff online on e-bay and other places, it'd be a pretty good incentive for me. Oh! And also out of print books. I got a book off e-bay that had been out of print for a pretty long time, so I wouldn't have been able to get it anywhere else.

Honestly, there are things that you just can't find in stores and for those it's great to have the ability to buy from e-bay, amazon, etc. I've gotten old movies that I couldn't find anywhere on the internet, video games that are for older systems (Nintendo 64, gameboy advance, etc.), opera libretti, and a bunch of memorabilia that I like to collect online. It's a great way to find things that you wouldn't be able to get your hands on otherwise.

Try explaining that it's nice because of all the things that you can't find in stores and have to rely on the internet for.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #5 
Pogthefish

Ok, thanks guys
Old 09-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #6 
Pilot00

If he needs something to buy, try to find it at a better price in e-bay. It will usually convince them to take the risk.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #7 
Pogthefish

Probably not, he is very attatched to the companies he buys from and he doesn't buy new stuff often.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #8 
DiiQue

Just tell him PayPal is the safest and most widely used payment method to buy stuff online and explain what it is for and the benefits of having an account. Explain that instead of him having to enter his credit card information on multiple sites, all he would need to do is create an account and PayPal would act as a middleman that makes the payment for him, so the merchant does not actually get his credit card info.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #9 
Pogthefish

Thats smart.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I only used PayPal one time but I had no problem with it. I don't think I can use it anymore since I forgot my password. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote