Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bad

This tank is fully stocked with one but two Bettas.
http://www.petco.com/product/12351/A...20Aquarium%20K
Old 09-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

IMO/E-a 2.5gal divided tank would be fine for 2 adult long fin males-provided that water quality is maintained.

Regardless of tank size-its more about water quality-and this falls on the hobbyist.....You can have poor water quality in large tanks just as you can have in small tanks.

IMO/E-regarding Long fins males-not the Pk or females-Due to the man-made, abnormal and often delicate long fin males-often they will do better and keep fins intact when kept in smaller unfiltered containers-especially the genetic weak, one that had been kept in poor conditions to start and older males.

And while larger is better in some cases-sometimes bigger isn't better for some long fin males-not all-but some.....

Lots and lots of different ways to properly and successfully keep the long fin males and this species in general.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #3 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I mean two bettas should have at minimum two gallons each not one each and seeing each other.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

A gallon is fine for one betta provided that the necessary water changes are made.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #5 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would say it is not plus the person who buys it is not going to do the proper care the way the thing is built they can see each other and flare as long as lights are on too much stress is bad.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #6 
Oldfishlady

IMO/E-and this is for the long fin male-not PK or females...1gal unfiltered is fine for long term keeping provided that water quality is maintained.

Based on experiments I have conducted-adult males don't produce the amount of byproduct you think and water quality can be maintained with twice weekly water changes of 1-50% and 100% in a 1gal unfiltered without live plants-provided that they are fed a proper diet-Often water quality issues are due to poor quality food and/or overfeeding.

Personally, I don't divide tanks-with that said, we have many members that successfully keep adult males and male/female in divided tanks.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #7 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
IMO/E-and this is for the long fin male-not PK or females...1gal unfiltered is fine for long term keeping provided that water quality is maintained.

Based on experiments I have conducted-adult males don't produce the amount of byproduct you think and water quality can be maintained with twice weekly water changes of 1-50% and 100% in a 1gal unfiltered without live plants-provided that they are fed a proper diet-Often water quality issues are due to poor quality food and/or overfeeding.

Personally, I don't divide tanks-with that said, we have many members that successfully keep adult males and male/female in divided tanks.
I was more upset with them seeing each other and one always gets to the other side but Bettas live longer in bigger tanks oldest I ever heard of is 10 years with 1 gallon tank daily water changes heated filtered hiding spots a Betta can live in there will not thrive or live as long. Waste was never a concern of mine exercise and stress are my concerns of mine.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #8 
Leeniex

I think OFL knows what she is talking about.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #9 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
I think OFL knows what she is talking about.
Why would that my biggest concern is seeing each other and the average person who buys that will not clean it very often and in the wild Bettas live in paddies that are hundreds of thousands to millions of gallons I do not think there own 2.5 gallon is much too ask.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-09-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #10 
finnfinnfriend

I really didnt want to become part of this but i hope you realise that while there are hundreds of thousands of gallons in a rice paddy, there are also hundreds of thousands of betta as well as other wild life living in them
Closed Thread