Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

I found my absolute perfect dream betta

Yesterday at Petsmart I saw the exact betta that I had been wanting for a long time. A veiltail orange dalmatian with a perfect cream body and perfectly formed veiltail fins. He looked healthy too...I was staring at him in the store for soooo long I probably looked crazy....Long story short, the bf said no no :....(

I felt like he was my little fishy soul mate
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #2 
MSG

Surprised you don't want a fancier type of betta.

After viewing a particular member's video documentary..... I want a dumbo ear giant finned variety now, but I need to research them some more and figure out if they require any special care.

What I do know is a nice dumbo should cost about $20-$40

So what would happen if you were to bring back little Mr orange cream?

• I thought you had more than just 1 fish?
  • How long did you end up staring at the fish anyway?

• Due to rush hour traffic, I decided to pull into the pet store & was checking out candidates for the sorority for about 15-20 minutes. Took breaks every couple minutes to think of what I would cook for dinner. I think it beats sitting in traffic staring at the bumper of the car in front of you.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #3 
LadyVictorian

I already have my fishy soul mate but I do want other fish.

An Electric blue, I mean bright blue almost teal and white half moon male that I would want to name Nikola Tesla

A multicolored (preferably in blue's purples, pinks, and whites) crowntail male I would name Atlantis.

For now I will stick with Aquarius because I want to perfect his tank before moving on to another. It would be hard to decorate two tanks and cycle two tanks at the same time.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #4 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
After viewing a particular member's video documentary..... I want a dumbo ear giant finned variety now, but I need to research them some more and figure out if they require any special care.

What I do know is a nice dumbo should cost about $20-$40

So what would happen if you were to bring back little Mr orange cream?

• I thought you had more than just 1 fish?
  • How long did you end up staring at the fish anyway?

• Due to rush hour traffic, I decided to pull into the pet store & was checking out candidates for the sorority for about 15-20 minutes. Took breaks every couple minutes to think of what I would cook for dinner. I think it beats sitting in traffic staring at the bumper of the car in front of you.
Actually, im not really into rare or fancy betta. Orange dalmatians are my favorite color and VT is my favorite fin type :) and nope, I only have the one betta :)
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #5 
MoonShadow

I know how you feel!! I saw the most BEAUTIFUL green mustard gas veiltail at petsmart yesterday... and like your situation, the BF said no... but I think I'm going to go back on Tuesday and get a divider for the 5 gallon, and get him anyway, I mean if I divide the 5 gallon, I don't have to get another tank or anything, haha.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad I don't have a bf to tell me what to do. Having an elderly mother who does that is enough. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #7 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm glad I don't have a bf to tell me what to do. Having an elderly mother who does that is enough. Lol
Agreed, less elderly mother but still. She lives in another state and tells me what to do. I said I wanted another fish at some point and that I was getting a shrimp or ADF for the tank I have now and she said "You don't need more fish." xD I only just have the one and she is already uppity about it.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #8 
ao
TFK Moderator

My perfect fish is my Vt who is probably far less than perfect to everyone else. Sometimes I think, why bother with the standards of beauty someone else set? Sure half moons are beautiful... but the way they are trying to breed them.. into this perfect half circle... i think it's taking away from the abstract beauty of these creatures :)
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #9 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
My perfect fish is my Vt who is probably far less than perfect to everyone else. Sometimes I think, why bother with the standards of beauty someone else set? Sure half moons are beautiful... but the way they are trying to breed them.. into this perfect half circle... i think it's taking away from the abstract beauty of these creatures :)
+1

I love VTs. They are my favorite. There's something I love about that asymmetrical-ness...They don't look like they were made on an assembly line and they look more removed from plakats IMO...I think that's cool.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #10 
xShainax

My betta soulmate is Norbert my dragonscale HM
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote