Betta Fish Forum banner

Plants for art?

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Alcemistnv 
#1 ·
So, I've run into a bit of a dilemna. My bank account is lower than it should be, and as a college student, it's just going to get lower and lower. I only get $20 a week, and most of that either goes to ONE night out for dinner, or maybe just to pay back someone for something.

I don't have any money left from my own savings because I used that money solely for my fish. Now, I'm in a perdicament with Sir Bubbles. He needs floating plants to help cover up his light. Normally, I would go to the pet store, but $5 for a small net of a plant, sometimes $7, is a bit too excessive for me, especially since I need plants to help with the ammonia in my other tanks.

I'm looking for any kind of floating plant, as long as it's 100% snail free.
I have a minor phobia of them so snails are no good.

I can't pay in cash, but I'm willing to pay in art, if you deem this to be fair. I can pm you my DA account if you want actualy proof, but since my work usually sells at around $10, I think it's a good tradeoff.

If anyone is willing to work with me on this, that'd be awesome.

Thank you :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry mine has snails.

#6 ·
I have fake plants, but they cost more money and rip my fins.

Also, no most students don't have jobs. On campus jobs are for those without Financial Aids or Loans. Also, tutoring jobs is only avaiable for those with grades of a A- or above

#10 ·
Aokashi is bettasattva

#9 ·
I need to win my third $1000 scratch off XD If I got another, i'd send you $200

#12 ·
THIRD? O.O

Mine are snail free but I don't have enough for myself even. I need to get a plant light :) Then I bet I'll be throwing it out in excess! lol \ Also, I'm in Canada.

Also, most students here on my campus are part time students. Either on campus or in the community. A lot of businesses rely on college/uni students for pt work. I wish I didn't have to work but student loans don't keep me afloat on their own.

Good luck!
It's weird, I guess it's because we are LITERALLY a small artsy college town that students aren't really relied on. Most jobs here are Mom & Pop shops and are family owned, or are just owned by graduates.

Thank you though :)

#11 ·
Mine are snail free but I don't have enough for myself even. I need to get a plant light :) Then I bet I'll be throwing it out in excess! lol \ Also, I'm in Canada.

Also, most students here on my campus are part time students. Either on campus or in the community. A lot of businesses rely on college/uni students for pt work. I wish I didn't have to work but student loans don't keep me afloat on their own.

Good luck!

#13 ·
I can't send plants since I'm overseas, but can I just send you some money via PayPal for a drawing (of my avatar pic), that way you can buy plants from your LFS?

#16 ·
Pm me your addy.

I just got some frogbit that is snail free.

It's in QT that is also snail free.

#19 ·
I'll have more plants soon... But I can't really do free shipping any more XD I did notice that my Java moss in the plant jar is growin out nicely... So I might ship you a bit attached to something... somewhere down the road :p I also have a spare Anubias nana, that I really don't like the look of :/ I'll see if I can grab a water wisteria off my friend too...Oh and your snail phobia LOL, my plants are nit snail free but I'll probably give them a PP soak for you ^_^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.