Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #1 
Sapphoira

The betta buying sickness struck again!

There's this plakat guy who has been on the shelf at my work for nearly a month now, and I think he's just amazing but he's not the kind of color people usually buy ... so I decided I needed to save him from dying a horrible life trapped in a cup. He's actually really healthy, and just gorgeous. I had originally only intended on getting another female, I have my one little girl in a ten gallon right now I was planning on putting the divider back up. I saw this tiiiiiny little girl yesterday - a marble CT - who is just longer than a quarter, and I just couldn't pass up saving such a sad eensy little thing with a potential to be a gorgeous fish. People don't buy the marbles before they really start to marble, especially when they just look sick and white. She's colored up a bit after only a couple of hours in her new QT tank! Here are the pictures!!
Attached Images

Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #2 
puppyrjjkm

That male is lovely!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #3 
MoonShadow

Awww I love them both! I adore the black outlining on the males fins! Great finds!! Isn't it sad when you go into a store and see the same betta time after time?? Theres a GORGEOUS metallicy mustard gas veiltail at my local petsmart whose been there for 3 weeks now, I'm planning on getting a divider for the 5 gallon this week and getting him if he's still there!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #4 
HopeNicholson

AHHHH shes so CUTE! And looks exactly like my adorable tiny girl Bifrost!!! :D And that Plakat is super handsome! You chose well :) Congrats!

HopeNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #5 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeNicholson View Post
AHHHH shes so CUTE! And looks exactly like my adorable tiny girl Bifrost!!! :D And that Plakat is super handsome! You chose well :) Congrats!

Oh my gosh, our two little girls could be twins!! Though yours looks even tinier, if that's even possible from how small mine is!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #6 
Bettanewbie60

Omgosh, they are both awesome...that guy is really sweeeet!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #7 
rosy delta

I cant believe no one wanted that male! I think he's just great!!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #8 
xShainax

The male is gorgeous
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #9 
Sapphoira

People don't buy the plakats as much, at petsmart we have them all labelled "dragonscale" even though few of them are true dragonscales. They cost like three times as much as the veil tails, and even though a lot of people love the looks of the other bettas they seem averse to paying $12 for a fish. KIIND of like how they are averse to buying the necessary supplies for their $3 fish...
Old 09-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #10 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphoira View Post
People don't buy the plakats as much, at petsmart we have them all labelled "dragonscale" even though few of them are true dragonscales. They cost like three times as much as the veil tails, and even though a lot of people love the looks of the other bettas they seem averse to paying $12 for a fish. KIIND of like how they are averse to buying the necessary supplies for their $3 fish...
Got a dragonscale HM at persmart last Friday for $6.00
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote