Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #31 
Pogthefish

^_^ do u have a facebook? And what a co-incidence! I am underweight too!
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #32 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

No I do not use face book this is the only communication network on the Internet.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #33 
dramaqueen
Banned

You guys who are on medication for your mental/emotional issues, TAKE YOUR MEDS! There is a reason your doctor has you on them. Your symptoms will get worse when you're off your meds. You might think you don't need them but you do! Meds help control the symptoms of ADHD, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety or whatever. If your meds make you sick or give you unwanted symptoms TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR about it. A lot of mental illnesses and emotional problems can be controlled but you have to cooperate with your doctors and psychologists or psychiatrists.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #34 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
You guys who are on medication for your mental/emotional issues, TAKE YOUR MEDS! There is a reason your doctor has you on them. Your symptoms will get worse when you're off your meds. You might think you don't need them but you do! Meds help control the symptoms of ADHD, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety or whatever. If your meds make you sick or give you unwanted symptoms TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR about it. A lot of mental illnesses and emotional problems can be controlled but you have to cooperate with your doctors and psychologists or psychiatrists.
I find that offensive I gained 30 pounds on meds even more depressed. Meds are never the right solution maybe we should med you. I am okay with myself off meds not on meds I am suicidal on meds. I have tried many brands non worked. Doctors give pills for anything even colds. Also studies show people who take those kinds of meds have higher rates of drug abuse. Also every anxiety medicine 2 made me have a psychotic melt down police had to come ounce i can not remember the worse one memory loss.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-10-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #35 
Pogthefish

True, and I am already underweight and the pills I took for adhd made me lose my appetite. The pill I take for sleeping I AM addicted to. I not only can't sleep at all without it now, I will be hyper all day after and I will feel hungry/sick the next day (not a good combination paired with hyper)
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #36 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
True, and I am already underweight and the pills I took for adhd made me lose my appetite. The pill I take for sleeping I AM addicted to. I not only can't sleep at all without it now, I will be hyper all day after and I will feel hungry/sick the next day (not a good combination paired with hyper)
See we are the kind of people the Meds are bad for. I also have a caffeine addiction.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #37 
AngesRadieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I find that offensive I gained 30 pounds on meds even more depressed. Meds are never the right solution maybe we should med you. I am okay with myself off meds not on meds I am suicidal on meds. I have tried many brands non worked. Doctors give pills for anything even colds. Also studies show people who take those kinds of meds have higher rates of drug abuse. Also every anxiety medicine 2 made me have a psychotic melt down police had to come ounce i can not remember the worse one memory loss.
I have to say I really disagree with that. No, meds aren't always the solution, but sometimes they are. I've been diagnosed with clinical depression and I'm close to going on meds for it. Right now, I'm managing it with herbal supplements (St. John's Wort for the depression and melatonin to help me sleep), but I'm not sure it's enough. Therapy alone definitely isn't. So I disagree with the statement that meds are never the answer.

How long were you on them? They can take up to three weeks, sometimes even a month to start having a noticeable affect. The first week and a half I was on St. John's Wort I thought the whole thing was crap because I wasn't feeling better at all. Now that it's been awhile I can say it's helped some. But my mood still fluctuates and there are days where I feel pretty awful, so I'm not sure it's enough. I'm in contact with a psychiatrist about that.

Plus, if you're underweight maybe gaining those 30 lbs wasn't all bad. Thirty might be a bit much, but gaining some weight might actually be healthy. It's not my place to tell you what to do, but it doesn't sound like you actually gave medication a fair chance. And if you're so determined not to take any, have you spoken to your doctor about an herbal supplement?

I also wouldn't call not being able to sleep without your sleeping pill addicted. I can't sleep without melatonin. That's the reason I take it. I wouldn't call myself addicted to it. I wouldn't go through withdrawal symptoms if I stopped taking it. But right now I do need it if I want to get a decent amount of sleep. There's a big difference between needing something and being addicted to it. And if you really can't sleep without it, just try taking it. Clearly, it's doing it's job.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think I know a bit about mental illness thank you very much. I have a degree in psychology and I know what I'm talking about. I also have 6 hours towards my master's. A lot of people don't take their medicine properly. I do understand that meds can cause side effects. That's why I said talk to your doctor if you're having side effects.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #39 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
I have to say I really disagree with that. No, meds aren't always the solution, but sometimes they are. I've been diagnosed with clinical depression and I'm close to going on meds for it. Right now, I'm managing it with herbal supplements (St. John's Wort for the depression and melatonin to help me sleep), but I'm not sure it's enough. Therapy alone definitely isn't. So I disagree with the statement that meds are never the answer.

How long were you on them? They can take up to three weeks, sometimes even a month to start having a noticeable affect. The first week and a half I was on St. John's Wort I thought the whole thing was crap because I wasn't feeling better at all. Now that it's been awhile I can say it's helped some. But my mood still fluctuates and there are days where I feel pretty awful, so I'm not sure it's enough. I'm in contact with a psychiatrist about that.

Plus, if you're underweight maybe gaining those 30 lbs wasn't all bad. Thirty might be a bit much, but gaining some weight might actually be healthy. It's not my place to tell you what to do, but it doesn't sound like you actually gave medication a fair chance. And if you're so determined not to take any, have you spoken to your doctor about an herbal supplement?

I also wouldn't call not being able to sleep without your sleeping pill addicted. I can't sleep without melatonin. That's the reason I take it. I wouldn't call myself addicted to it. I wouldn't go through withdrawal symptoms if I stopped taking it. But right now I do need it if I want to get a decent amount of sleep. There's a big difference between needing something and being addicted to it. And if you really can't sleep without it, just try taking it. Clearly, it's doing it's job.
I was on them 2 months.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #40 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I think I know a bit about mental illness thank you very much. I have a degree in psychology and I know what I'm talking about. I also have 6 hours towards my master's. A lot of people don't take their medicine properly. I do understand that meds can cause side effects. That's why I said talk to your doctor if you're having side effects.
I did but I know more about living with mental conditions I took it as the doctor out of all the brands I took I always have bad side effects I do consult the doctor. I do not need my meds it is bad to gain wait too fast. Plus those kinds of meds increase risk for schizophrenia which I am already at huge risk for. I take caffeine for ADHD which is shown to have great help for 30 percent of people. I am a lot healthier off the meds. You are acting like us off the meds is a danger to society you need to accept our differences. Not all of us want to blend in we should not be drugged just because we are different your acting like autism speaks meds should only be used if you agree or if you are an actual threat to yourself and others. Depression for me is part of my asperger syndrome and someday I may be happy outside of a fish store or live plant shop but I do not see it in the future.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-10-2012 at 06:20 PM.