Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #81 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphoira View Post
choclate, do you have a word processing program on your computer? Like microsoft word or open office? I know this might be kind of a lot of extra work, but running what you post through a spell check could help you see where punctuation is missing. That might give you a greater familiarity with common grammar and punctuation rules.
Not a very good computer person I focus intensely on my interests I am not familiar with those programs I love my Bettas and that is why I love this website how do I find those programs?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #82 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
You'll need to learn how to anticipate how the way you say something might make others feel, and how to pick up emotions from what other people say, since that doesn't come naturally to you. I can't say what the best way to do this is, my interest in autism is sociological rather than individual. You mentioned you're seeing a therapist, so maybe the two of you can research the best way for you to learn how to do this stuff. From what I have read about people on the autism spectrum, life experience/trial and error is usually what it takes to figure out how to interact and communicate with others. So it's mostly a matter of putting yourself into social situations and practicing.

Yes, I think that would be a good way to sum up 1g bowls.
Thank you for the support.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #83 
LadyVictorian

Bah meant to quote Sap >.< wrong quote button.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #84 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Not a very good computer person I focus intensely on my interests I am not familiar with those programs I love my Bettas and that is why I love this website how do I find those programs?

Many people who struggle with language due to things such as Dyslexia etc use a program called "Ghotit," which is located online at http://www.ghotit.com/. It's a grammer/spell check/punctuation/syntax and context check program. I have a friend with mild Asberger's who uses it for work! It was designed for Dyslexics, but since Autism/Aspergers also has a language deficiency component it could be very helpful for you. You could also just use a free program like Open Office (openoffice.org) which contains a word processing program. Software like Ghotit can be purchased online.

Last edited by Sapphoira; 09-10-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #85 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Many people who struggle with language due to things such as Dyslexia etc use a program called "Ghotit," which is located online at http://www.ghotit.com/. It's a grammer/spell check/punctuation/syntax and context check program. I have a friend with mild Asberger's who uses it for work! It was designed for Dyslexics, but since Autism/Aspergers also has a language deficiency component it could be very helpful for you. You could also just use a free program like Open Office (openoffice.org) which contains a word processing program. Software like Ghotit can be purchased online.
Thank you!!!!! Funny thing happened at school I got upset by there being 11 stair cases.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #86 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Thank you!!!!! Funny thing happened at school I got upset by there being 11 stair cases.
Because that's not even?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #87 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Because that's not even?
Yes because that is not 10 or a multiple of 5 or 3.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #88 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Yes because that is not 10 or a multiple of 5 or 3.

How do you feel about prime numbers? If you like 3, just think of 11 as another prime.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #89 
teeneythebetta

I have this thing with TV volume.
I like the volume number to end in either a zero or five.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #90 
LadyVictorian

OCD? I have it too, everything has to be in 3's, 6's, 9's, (they all go into 3) and 12, (two six's or 4 3's.) otherwise I need to change it. I also have a lot of other things with my OCD that make me constantly stress out about everything which is why I love my pets. The only time I am not stressed to the point of crying and panic attacks is while I take care of them. Cleaning cages and tanks is like a moment of peace from chaos that is my mind. Watching them and playing with them takes me away from all my stressers and in fact my therapist was the one who said if animals are my way of coping with the world go with it. He fully supports my obsessive care of my pets so long as it gets my mind off all the things that are damaging to me. And they help me break my OCD patterns like the repetition of sleeping on my floor vs my bed, and my habit of catogarizing everything then pulling it apart and reordering it until I find a catalog system that fits me (and I never do >.<)
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote