Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #1 
Knitterly

Thumbs up I converted my husband...

into a betta-lover! Ha! <insert evil laughter here>

It all started when I let him decorate my sorority tank.

Then he found Captain America at Petsmart and just couldn't put him down. Seriously, I don't blame him, because how often do you find this at petsmar?

So, we had the 10 gal sorority and Captain in his 2.5gal next to them.

We went to Petsmart this weekend and he says, "you know, you could get a male for your desk at work." Gee, I can? LOL. He scouted out all the males and picked his top 4. the one I chose wasn't his favorite, but hey, it's my fish, right?

Then after we brought Farkle home (okay, so it's a temporary name from my 3 year old. It's how she says sparkle.), we realized that the bowl (2gallon) that I was going to use, well, to put it plainly, bowls suck. They create blind spots and it's really hard to see the fish! So we went back to get a 2.5 gal tank.

When the kids decided to act up, he said, "Just a thought, but you should get a bigger tank with a divider so you can have two males at work." Wee hooo!!!!

I got the tank, but not a second male yet. All night long, my husband kept saying, "you could go back for that other one you liked." Or "I'm tempted to get that orange CT. He was really nice."

here are the other two that my husband now wants and one that I almost grabbed:

Now he wants to upgrade captain to a larger divided tank so he can have two males at home.

Ha ha ha ha ha!
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #2 
BettaKat1962

Thats great u were abke to convert ur hubby! Sounds like he may go gangbusters for bettas now . CONGRATS and BEAUTIFUL FISH!
BettaKat1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #3 
MoonShadow

Hehe I love it! My boyfriend likes my fish, but only because he hates the rats and I think he thinks if he keeps letting me get fish then maybe I'll decided to get rid of the rats! Who knows what goes on in his head!

I LOVE that plakat! Man what a find!!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #4 
Leeniex

Lucky you! Mine barely notices mine even though they are scattered around the living room, lol.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

LOL..that is too cool! My hubby is becoming semi-interested in mine since he helped me make the dividers for my planted 10g. He did threaten to hide all my empty bowls though ha ha ha.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #6 
MollyJean

You're so lucky! The most I get out of my husband is sarcastic remarks and prodding. Maybe you should suggest getting both the ones he likes and see what happens >.>
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #7 
Knitterly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
You're so lucky! The most I get out of my husband is sarcastic remarks and prodding. Maybe you should suggest getting both the ones he likes and see what happens >.>
He's trying to talk me into leaving the divided tank at home so that he can get a second male at home. That would leave me to take the 2.5 gal with Farkle to work. I don't object to that except that cleaning a glass tank is easier when it lives next to the kitchen sink than in an office space. I think the acrylic would be safer in many ways. I plan on using a siphon and bucket, but still...
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote